Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

video of my first autocross run ever

Old 08-11-2005, 09:22 AM
mynameisbob28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default video of my first autocross run ever

here's a vid from the autocross on saturday... you'll notice i have no clue where the course goes, and nearly miss a turn, which severely affected my time...

oh, and if you cant spot the mess up, you'll hear my buddy saying it...

its a 51 second 12.6 MB video. took me like 2 minutes on a test download from cable modem.

http://rapidshare.de/files/3879904/bobsautox.mpg.html

gotta wait for like 15 seconds to download, but its worth it I think. for comical value at the very least.

any criticisms on the run?? I know its kinda hard to see the small vid, but I plan on autocross racing much more and I would like to be very good at it... any comments/tips would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-11-2005, 10:37 AM
syclone

hard to anaylyze since it's from outside the car.. but judging from that over shoot, i'd say practice looking further ahead. tips, ask for an instructor to ride along with you, then on the next run, have him drive and imagine yourself driving so you can compare how he's driving differently from you.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:32 AM
DakarM

couple of things I noticed.

throttle control: lack there of
smoothness: lack there of
that's about all i can see.

don't be afraid to have your friend ride with you in the car. the extra weight will most likely help you since you are most likely over driving the car in most sections and wayyy under driving others.

also read the link civicsiracer has in his sig. it will help you a lot.

finally don't try to "learn" on your own. you wont. as syclone said, seek out more experienced drivers and use them. you'll learn 10x faster that way.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:20 PM
mynameisbob28

thanks for the advice. It was the first run, so yeah, I wasnt all that smooth and was probably making all the typical noob mistakes, like not looking forward. I've read all the autocross help pages, but in the moment you just tend to forget, ya know?

it wasnt an SCCA event, it was just a course set up for fun as part of Neo-fest at National Trail Raceway in Ohio... so it was just people running it for kicks, not a serious competition. I only had time to get 2 runs in also, so I didnt really have time to look for experienced drivers to ride along and help me out...