Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Farewell to Yankee Stadium

Old 09-21-2008, 07:49 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Farewell to Yankee Stadium

The final game at Yankee Stadium just ended....

share your favorite Yankee Stadium memories (TV or live)

Favorite TV memory:

2003 ALCS Game 7... i can remember feeling the intensity through the screen... all the drama between Clemens, Pedro, etc.... and then to finish it off in extra inning with a walk off homer by Aaron Boone... I'll never forget that game.

I went to Yankee Stadium for games twice...

The first time was in 2005, my sister and her bf (now husband) came from Chicago for interleague play vs. the Cubs. We had seats in the upper deck, right field near the foul ball pole. The Yank's won by a whole lot but it was great to be there...

This year, I had somebody give me 2 tickets for a game in August vs. the Royals. The seats were prime (between home & the Yankee dugout in the first tier, shaded seats) When I got the tickets, he told me they were for "Sunday the 16th" (of August) so... i talked my dad into going to the game with me, we got up stupid early and drove to the game... if you haven't been to Yankee Stadium, the sight of it alone is kind of a marvel, all the history etc... so i'm excited as hell.... we get to the turn style and hand over our tix.... the guy is like 'sorry, this is yesterday's ticket....' :wtf: it was sunday the 17th :doh: but when i got the tickets, the guy did say Sunday the 16th and I didnt pay attention to the calendar... and i didnt even look at the tickets til i got to the park.... yeah i got wned: but i'll never forget that day... we drove home (4+ hours) and listened to the game on the radio....

Last edited by ISP James; 09-21-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:50 PM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

They should have let you in anyway. :squint:
Old 09-21-2008, 07:54 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

Originally Posted by spanky
They should have let you in anyway. :squint:
:werd: we waited in line for tickets at the box office for 2 hours... when we finally got up to the window, the cheapest tickets they had were $280 ... we werent about to spend that.

so we shopped the scalpers, nothing under $150. I only had $28 bucks... i mean what did i need cash for? i already had tickets... and my dad said no fuckin way he was spending that.

we did wait near the stadium for a little while before leaving... we had 2 guys walk up to us, one stopped and the other kept going. They had tickets for the 1st tier in right field, 8 rows back. face value was $60 and he said we could buy em for $40. So hell yeah, we were going to finally get into the park!!! so he calls over to his buddy (who has physical possession of the tix) and just as he does, we see the guy handing the tickets to somebody else :wtc: that close, we figured we wouldnt get that lucky twice and that's when we left...
Old 09-21-2008, 07:57 PM
dubcac
I

I don't see how they should have let you in anyways...you came on the wrong day. :dunno:

Farewell to Yankee Stadium...and farewell to the Yankees.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:58 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

Originally Posted by dubcac
I don't see how they should have let you in anyways...you came on the wrong day. :dunno:

i know they shouldnt have but it sure would have been cool if they did....
Old 09-21-2008, 07:59 PM
dubcac
I

Cool yes...but they usually sell out every game.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:01 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

Cool yes...but they usually sell out every game.
yeah... they sold out that day too... i wasnt surprised or disappointed when they didnt let us in but it sure was tough to concede and go back to the car, drive home.... listening to the game on the radio when i should have been in the park for it...
Old 09-21-2008, 08:02 PM
dubcac
I

The worse thing is a friend of mine who had paid over $100/seat for warriors tix last year. He gets to the gate, they scan his tickets...say he can't go in. Someone had faked tickets of his seats and gotten there before him.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:05 PM
jaymar88
HA.net Workout Krew

First baseball game I ever attended was at yankee stadium.. They played the white sox. We sat on the third base line field level maybe 4 rows up. I ran up for a foul ball and the fielder gave it to me.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:05 PM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

The tickets were paid for for the same series/team, why would it matter?