Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

I think i'm closing my paypal account.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:11 AM
BetterBob
Nobama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think i'm closing my paypal account.

http://www.paypalwarning.com/

"According to the San Francisco Chronicle, there are approx. 100,000 complaints outstanding at PayPal (Are any of these yours?). In many instances disputes can run on for months leaving people frustrated and out of pocket as they are unable to access their accounts. So what happens to the millions of dollars tied up in frozen accounts and disputes? Well, here is a clip from the San Francisco Chronicle that basically sums it up:

U.S. District Judge Jeremy Fogel of San Jose refused to dismiss a lawsuit that seeks class-action status on behalf of thousands of PayPal customers nationwide. A common allegation is that the company brushes off or stalls customer grievances for months and meanwhile freezes the customer's account and pockets the interest (So that's how they make their money!). No wonder they freeze so many accounts!

The Lawsuit You Need To Know About

As you will come to discover while browsing through the many horror stories posted on this site by current and former PayPal users, PayPal has some tough allegations to deal with. Allegations of mishandling money, unnecessarily locking funds, not providing adequate customer support, freezing accounts with no explanation and disregarding customer complaints, just to name a few.

In early 2002, Plaintiffs Roberta Toher and Jeffrey Resnick filed separate lawsuits against PayPal, Inc. These two cases were later consolidated into one lawsuit in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.

The lawsuit alleges, among several other issues, that PayPal has placed inappropriate restrictions or other limits on customers' accounts and engaged in several other improper practices. Based on these improper practices, the lawsuit sought damages for money unjustly held, negligence, and violations of consumer protection statutes.

Rather than dealing with a lengthy public trial and being forced to clean up their act, PayPal decided to settle out of court and pay $9.25 Million Dollars to Tens of Thousands of PayPal merchants who processed with PayPal between October 1, 1999 and January 31, 2004. (A mere slap on the hand for a company this size)

Instead of a Judge forcing PayPal to change their questionable business practices, PayPal agreed to pay the settlement and walk away from the entire allegation.

So what does this mean to current PayPal merchants? Unfortunately, this means that PayPal is free to continue operating in the exact same way it always has. Judging by the number of PayPal horror stories we receive every single day, it appears that the situation has only gotten worse since the settlement.

We highly suggest getting a Real Merchant Account to avoid becoming another PayPal horror story."
Old 08-27-2008, 10:14 AM
RicoD
Pull my finger

I haven't used paypal in so long, I checked my old email the other day and it said they closed my account because I wasn't responding to the security check up emails
Old 08-27-2008, 12:15 PM
kento

i've used paypal for 8 years and have never had a problem with it.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:33 PM
reech-around
RIP Woong.

Originally Posted by kento
i've used paypal for 8 years and have never had a problem with it.
dot
Old 08-27-2008, 12:33 PM
dj02
click click

fuck paypal

http://www.paypalsucks.com/
Old 08-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had several issues with PayPal.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 08-27-2008, 12:38 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

I had someone get my info(Which I only use on secure networks and make sure nobody kknows my password or uses my computer) and stole 1400 from my bank account.
I got it all back though.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

I've had two instances on ebay where people didn't ship my stuff, and I got my money back both times via Paypal. o:
Old 08-27-2008, 01:04 PM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

Originally Posted by MarshyTheKid
I had someone get my info(Which I only use on secure networks and make sure nobody kknows my password or uses my computer) and stole 1400 from my bank account.
I got it all back though.
I would never link anything to my bank accout lol

I just link it to my card
Old 08-27-2008, 01:05 PM
Fire
wanna run

Ive only had good experiences with them