Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

what is going on with new accords

Old 11-29-2005, 10:01 AM
ItsaHonda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tell that to the MB owners whose MB's were built here in the states >>

Different company, different plant.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:22 AM
ItsaHonda

The parts content on my 2006 Accord EX-L is:

70% USA 15% Japan and the other 15% sourced elsewhere.

In any case, I believe this is irrelevant. I cannot speak for other manufacturers who may be having known quality issues with their U.S. based plants (as I know Kia is among one of them) I believe these are problems within the plant and company that have little to do with their location and/or sex/race of their employees, but I can say that the Marysville Honda plant has no such issues... nor do the Toyota plants in California and Kentucky.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:30 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ItsaHonda
The parts content on my 2006 Accord EX-L is:

70% USA 15% Japan and the other 15% sourced elsewhere.
Where are you getting those figures from?
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 11-29-2005, 10:54 AM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Default False

Originally Posted by Nelson
Most of the newer Honda's are made from domestic OE parts

By most I mean 97% of the car. :noes:
It may be assembled in USA but the parts are shipped from JAPAN for assembly in USAthere is no plant in the USA that makes OE Japanese composite parts, IE frames, fenders, calipers, etc. These parts are shipped, to america for assembly.Sure there are companies that makes OE replica collision parts , sure, but as far as majore OE parts , not.

Is it poor craftsmanship on parts or poor assembly?
Old 11-29-2005, 11:11 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

domestic parts and sconstruction arent bad, it was the desiign of the cars where most problems are started. since every american company has money and ONLY money on the brain, the cars sometimes come out very shoddy.

the japanese know that you need to refresh the cars and change platforms every few years to stay not only competitive but safe, reliable, and keep a car that performs well.

basically what i'm saying is that the first model years always have a few minor problems. give it time, and they get ironed out. nothing can be perfect, and let me point out that the car has never died on you, they have merely been minor problems.

in my moms transport the thermostat went and they were stuck in the middle of nowhere, 4 hours away from home.

their cells didnt work there and luckily the thermostat started to work again for them so they could get back to where there were people.

my dads gas gauge in his express van died and it read half a tank, he ran out of gas on the freeway, luckily he was able to glide tot he next gas stop, but barely made it.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:20 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DUNK_Performanc
It may be assembled in USA but the parts are shipped from JAPAN for assembly in USAthere is no plant in the USA that makes OE Japanese composite parts, IE frames, fenders, calipers, etc. These parts are shipped, to america for assembly.Sure there are companies that makes OE replica collision parts , sure, but as far as majore OE parts , not.

Is it poor craftsmanship on parts or poor assembly?
According to federal government standards, the domestic content of the US-built Honda Accord is 97%.

The fact still remains that Honda and other transplant OEMs have continued to move more work here into the US, while certain “domestic” OEMs are making public commitments to move in the opposite direction.

Isn’t it just a bit odd that the Saturn VUE carries the choice of a Chinese-built GM engine or a US-built Honda engine?

/Autoblog

How sure of your statements are you? Honda of America states that 97% of the Accord is made from DOMESTIC parts.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 11-29-2005, 12:38 PM
AcuraFanatic

You're one of 84392734298 Accord owners with a fluky car. It happens.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:27 PM
ItsaHonda

Where are you getting those figures from?>>>

The only source I had readily available, my window sticker. But the point is moot, the percentage of domestic and foreign content has little to do with anything here. The fact remains, cars are generally most problematic during their first model year.

It has only become more of an issue in recent years because #1 Cars 15-20 years ago didn't have anywhere near the technology, engineering, gadgets and gizmos that go into new cars today and #2 We now have the internet.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:19 PM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Default i still dont believe it

I still dont believe that 97% factor. Just because the parts are already there frum japan dun make it DOMESTIC parts.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:27 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

this thread sucks so badly :lmao: