Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Verizon Wireless Issue *long read*

Old 12-18-2014, 07:05 PM
c_rogue69
wtf goes here?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Verizon Wireless Issue *long read*

I just wanted to get some opinions on my current situation that my wife and I are experiencing with Verizon. Last year, we decided to try out the Edge Program with Verizon and got ourselves Galaxy Note 3's. Everything was great, we had no issues with the Edge program, but cut to this year and we were both having major issues with out phones. So when the new iPhones came out, we decided to "Edge Up" a year early since we were eligible and we each got an iPhone 6+. We got our phones at a local Apple store since, at that time, they were the only ones that had any in stock. The Apple store gave us each an envelope with a shipping label so that we could mail our Note 3's back to Verizon as part of the Edge program. Within 6 days, the phones were delivered to Verizon (I verified using the tracking numbers given from the shipping label).

Cut to 2 weeks later, I'm going to pay our bill and it's a touch over $1,000.00. After I finished shitting my pants, I checked the bill and saw that we had over $700.00 in equipment charges (old Galaxy Note 3's @ $350.00/each + tax). So I call up the customer service, explain to them the situation and give them the tracking numbers. They verify that everything should be good to go and tell me to not worry about it. They said they would put in a ticket request to have the charges removed and I shouldn't have any issues. 1 week later, I check the account and still see the fees on there. I then go to a local Verizon store and speak to an employee about the situation. I go over the whole thing again, give him the tracking numbers and he tells me that it's a glitch with Verizon and told me to not pay anything on my account until it's cleared. He said that they'll put a "hold" on my account so that I wouldn't lose my service and told me to text him a week later for an update. A week later, I text him and nothing has been fixed. In fact, in that week, I received emails and phone calls from Verizon (automated) advising me to pay my bill in order to avoid service interruption. He tells me that he'll submit another request and it should be fine.

Cut to the next week and I'm still getting phone calls and emails along with my bill not changing. So I go BACK to the same Verizon store and speak with another employee. I'm getting a little angry at this point, but keep my cool since it's not this individual employee's fault. I explain the situation, he calls some people and tells me that it's a glitch with MY individual account but everything should come off of my account within 3 billing cycles. He also advises me to go ahead and pay my normal bill, but not the other fees. He further assures me that my account will not lose service and that it'll be fine. He requested the tracking numbers 1 more time so that he could verify them and he would put them in a noted section of my account.

Monday, 12/15/2014, I'm trying to sleep during the day since I'm about to start my first night shift in 4 months. I keep getting phone calls from a local number that I don't know, so I ignore them. On their 3rd attempt, I answer out of frustration because they're keeping me from my sleep. It's Verizon Collections wanting me to pay the $700.00+ equipment charges. I lose my shit on this guy (which I NEVER do) because now they're threatening to put me in collections and mess up my credit for Verizon's mistake. He quickly transfers me to customer service and I have to explain the situation to a 4th individual. After several minutes of me making an ass out of myself, he asks for the tracking numbers. I read both of them to the guy and he finds that the tracking numbers had been incorrectly placed into my account notes. Well of course Verizon isn't going to believe that I turned the phones in if the tracking numbers are wrong! So I keep yelling at this guy (at this point it's just out of frustration and sleep deprivation). Now I hate to sound greedy, but we live in 'Murica, land of suing people and wanting free shit. I ask the guy on the phone what he's going to do to keep my wife and I as Verizon customers. T-Mobile has great service in my town and so does AT&T. Now keep in mind that I don't WANT to switch, I quite enjoy everything else about Verizon, but they're kind of making me want to leave over this crap. So I ask the guy if he can credit my account 3 months of service since that's worth the money they say I owe. Or if they would want to donate an iPad Air 2, or a couple pairs of nice Headphones or bluetooth speakers...just something to ease my frustration. Example: A person can call Time Warner, tell them they suck & threaten to cancel and they'll give them a lower price, or credit an account or even give out free channels for a bit. So this is where I've gotten my train of thought.

My questions are:

1. Has anybody else experience this or something similar? If so, how was it resolved?
2. Am I wrong for asking for free shit? I feel like a greedy asshole, but hey, it's Christmas time and my wife wants an iPad Air 2.

*Cliff Notes* Verizon Edge program fucked up my account, Verizon hasn't fixed in 2 months and have threatened to cut off my phone and put me in collections for their mistake. I asked for free shit as compensation.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:08 AM
yellowbastard
Bootyologist (__i__)

Coverage wise, Verizon Wireless is solid and that is who I use not only because it gets me great service where I live but also everywhere I travel across the country. I wouldn't just leave them because of this but hopefully they fix the issue and discount at least 1 month of cellular charges at least.....highly doubt they would give you any 'free' hardware to be honest without extending or modifying your contract.

I would have stayed away from involving a local store IMO just because they are more retail driven and often limited to what they can do with accounts. Instead I would have went up the chain over the phone with dealing with Verizon Customer Service, tracking each call by a case # or reference # of some sort along with any names/contact info of everyone dealt with.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:50 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

^ Agreed. The retail store wasn't nearly as inclined (or capable) to help. I think a follow-up call to Verizon Customer Service would have resolved the issue sooner.
Given what's happened, I think the best you could hope for is written assurance that they have not impacted your credit rating.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!