Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

My new car has a Gay Sex button

Old 11-21-2014, 10:09 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol. So I'm going to make a list of GM vehicles that I could reasonably afford and might actually consider buying:

The gay sex-mobile
CTS(and V)
ATS
Volt (maybe? I drove a nissan leaf and couldn't get my feet warm)
SS Sedan (this is the new version of the pontiac G8, correct?)
Cruz Diesel
Old 11-19-2015, 12:54 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sat in the ATS the other day and really liked it. Bought a lexus instead

How's teh buick holding up Corey?
Old 11-30-2015, 06:48 AM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by white_n_slow
Sat in the ATS the other day and really liked it. Bought a lexus instead

How's teh buick holding up Corey?
It's lovely, but I'm selling it. We only need one car now. It's kind of overpowered for a FWD car and It's difficult to put the power down. Still, it's a nice car.

The ATS and CTS are wonderful, though a bit cramped. I'm not sure why they don't sell well in the US. They're much more engaging than the mediocre-to-drive products the Germans are putting out lately. The interior design could be better, I guess. The new NA 3.6 V6 is a treat. I'm sick of turbocharged engines...
Old 01-05-2016, 08:36 PM
Zackk

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My grandmother has an ATS, and I have some thoughts on it.

First of all, it's taught me to never buy a new car the first year it comes out. She has had to take it into cadillac for recalls and general fixes that they figured out roughly a dozen times now. Interior is quite nice. Pretty fun to drive. Has great options, such as heated steering wheel etc that works wonderfully. I started it in the middle of an Illinois winter day and in under one minute the car interior was warm and I was comfortable. It appears to be nimble in a straight line. I haven't thrown any curves at it because it's not my car to screw up if anything went wrong.

But, it's really cramped as Corey said. The gas mileage is atrocious. The music/nav interface is probably the worst I've ever seen. My grandmother constantly struggles with it (she's 90+) so I figured I would give it a try to see how hard it is. Took me 10 minutes to figure out how to turn the radio on, and took me 25 minutes to figure out the nav. There is endless redundancies in the system, and it is just a freakin' mess. It's actually bad enough that if I loved everything else about the car but experienced that system it would prevent me from buying the car due to how fucked it is.

She's had buicks all her life and wanted a cadillac before she passes. She really regrets getting this car due to how complicated it is for her. I can't blame her I guess. It's a great car, but there are many, many things I would purchase over it.