Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Planet Fitness, lol.

Old 11-10-2014, 04:40 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Planet Fitness, lol.

They just opened up a new Planet Fitness gym in my neighborhood. The wife and I checked it out and took their tour since it's just a few blocks from home.

I honestly don't see what the point of this place is. They have "bagel mornings" and pizza parties. As we were walking out, there was a guy with a stack of Little Caesar's boxes headed in to the building. They have little circuit stations where a flashing light is supposed to tell you how long to work out for and when to move on to the next exercise. Finally, after seeing a gazillion treadmills and funky machines, we get to the free weight section. Their dumbbells only go up to 75lbs and their barbells only go up to 60. :eh: It's like they are intentionally trying to discourage anyone from aiming beyond fitness mediocrity.

This is the perfect place for someone who sits on his ass eating in front of a computer all day and just needs something simple to get going, but once you've been working out for a few months, you'd need to quit and go to a real gym.

After our tour, the guy was trying to give us the sign-up speil my wife told the guy, "I think we're the type of people you guys are trying to keep out of this place." :chuckles: I guess we're "lunks."

Last edited by white_n_slow; 11-10-2014 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Black2KGSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the commercial with the chicks made me want to not go there.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:42 AM
NOPD
Come in My Hole

the purpose is to target the 95% of people who wants to get in shape, but will never get in shape. They don't care for the other 5% because they won't make as much money.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:51 AM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

No squat rack no care
Old 11-24-2014, 04:01 PM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really need to get back in the gym.