Notices

Tinted Windows

Old 10-08-2003, 03:07 PM
Microbrewa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tinted Windows

I was thinking about getting my windows tinted, and i know its illegal to tint the driver and passenger windows past a certain point (i live in massachusetts if that changes anything), as well as the front window.

I use my car everyday, would i get pulled over for having everything tinted? If i did get pulled over what would happen? Would my car pass inspection?

Anyone else out there that has they're windows tinted let me know if its been a problem or not.
Old 10-08-2003, 04:13 PM
LSwickedsled

i don't know what the law is in Mass, but in california any tint on the driver and passenger windows is illegal. I tinted mine 5 % and didn't get pulled over until a year after i did it. All you have to do is pay a ten dollar fix it ticket, take the tint off and show proof to a cop, and your cleared. Its worth it to tint them, because it looks way better and keeps the heat out of your car. My buddy gets pulled over all the time and he just keeps re doing it. So if you dont care about the money thats an option, too.
Old 10-08-2003, 04:51 PM
integsracer

my friend got pulled over and he can either pay 10 dollars and take it off for pay 110 and keep it ( california )
Old 10-08-2003, 09:36 PM
ska32198

in utah you cant have over 5% on the drivers and passenger front unless it is a factory tint (which mine is) and if it is factory and not aftermarket they can't ticket you and it will pass inspections or at least mine does every time.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:09 PM
integsracer

isnt 5% the darkest tint?
Old 10-09-2003, 05:37 AM
Ice025

Basically all state laws are different so you might as well just ask someone who does inspections in your state to find out for sure. But I can tell you this, when you have tinted windows cops just love to pull you over. I guess they think you're probably hiding something. I had my windows tinted 5 percent when i had my 98 ex and the cops would always screw with me. Finally I was told to remove it, and to make sure i comply with that the police put lacerations on the tint on all my windows. basically it was just a waste of $ for me.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:11 AM
Therin

mine are full tint, cant see thru them at all even if you press your face against them. havent been pulled over yet, but here is a $59 fine per window.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:36 AM
kilpatty43
corvette chick at heart

you can get a 0% tint. it was offered to me, but i got the 5% instead. its hard to find someone who will do a 0% tint on a car.

i dont know how much the fine is here in atl for it, but ive been pulled over 9 times so far for it and still no ticket *knocks on wood*in fact i got pulled over yesterday and only got a verbal warning.
Old 10-09-2003, 03:13 PM
integsracer

Geeze 0%? lol wouldnt it be a little hard to see out of, especially at night? 5% is pretty dark already.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:53 PM
98grnLS.

the darkest ive seen is 2.5 %, but 0% would be like way to dangerous for night driving, but i have 5 % on the side and my rear window is 15% and front windsheild is 35% with 5% strip across, i tinted the front because i live in florida and so much sun and heat comes right on your lap through that windsheild and even with the air on, your still gettin fried, boy did that help alot, it gets freezing cold in my car. plus i like the security and privacy.