Notices

Could my oil pump be bad?

Old 10-07-2003, 02:32 PM
bigjdog84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could my oil pump be bad?

Most of you know, I'm having some major motor probs.

I ran the car for a about 30 secs, checked the oil, dipstick said there was nothing. I drained the oil, cause i knew there was oil in there, and it turns out there was actually 6 quarts (after I added 4).
the car was blowing blue smoke and was bogging at diff. times. I shouldnt have driven it, but I added 4 quarts (figuring there was no oil in there). Still did the same thing.... Going to do a compression test today, do an oil change, and see what happens.
any idea's?

Later/joe
Old 10-07-2003, 03:43 PM
SUPER LAUBO
KiMBO's Hubby

what's the background on your car.. miles, motor, car? your dipstick should be reading something if you have oil cause the dipstick goes into your oil pan.

~~edit~~

btw, if you ran the car for 30 seconds and your oil pump was working, your dipstick will NOT read anything because all the oil is still beginning to settle into the pan again.
Old 10-07-2003, 04:36 PM
bigjdog84

Originally posted by SUPER LAUBO
what's the background on your car.. miles, motor, car? your dipstick should be reading something if you have oil cause the dipstick goes into your oil pan.

~~edit~~

btw, if you ran the car for 30 seconds and your oil pump was working, your dipstick will NOT read anything because all the oil is still beginning to settle into the pan again.
Its a 92 dx, original 1.5, 120k. Old lady owned it before me. I did a compression test about a month or two ago, 160 across all 4. Car wasnt loosing any power until that day. I turned the car off and checked the oil, either way it should give me an accurate reading...
Old 10-08-2003, 09:45 PM
bigjdog84

bump