Notices

spoiler or no spoiler

Old 10-05-2003, 07:11 PM
integsracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spoiler or no spoiler

need opinions from you guys..should i leave the itr spoiler that i have on my gsr now or should i take it off and fill in the holes. personally i like both ways. i think integs w/o spoilers look NICE only when theyre really low. is the itr spoiler even funcational? or does it just slow me down?

-jon
Old 10-05-2003, 07:37 PM
Xymox007
Björkian

Sure it's functional... on the ITR. I'm not sure I could tollerate the ITR spoiler even if I had an ITR. Even if it's beneficial creating downforce, I would still feel silly every time I gazed out the rear view mirror.

The same goes for the potent EVO and STi. I was behind one of them the other day and couldn't help but giggle. It's obnoxious for daily commuting (IMHO).

I say sell it on eBay. Buy something respectable with the money you'll make.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:59 PM
integsracer

i've heard it doesnt actually create downforce... it only reduces uplift, and only works over 80mph. yes it does look funny in the rearview mirror, and it blocks my vision. do you really need downforce in the rear of the car on a front wheel drive car though?
Old 10-05-2003, 08:28 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Also, I believe that it might have a function similar to the Mugen wing, and disrupt the vacuum that forms behind a car when it travels...

I'd say get a stock GS-R spoiler... I like the look of it on mine. I mean the things are probably all cosmetic, but I like the look of a small, minimal spoiler on sporty cars... I think Integra coupes without spoilers look a little too... unfinished IMO
Old 10-05-2003, 08:38 PM
TarHeeL-Si

agreed....i like my stock spoiler, although i also agree that dumped tegs without spoilers look sweet too....do whatever you want but probably ditch teh itr spoiler
Old 10-05-2003, 08:59 PM
integsracer

i HAD a stock one , but i sold it. haha oh well. ill probably take it off and sell it. ANYONE WANT AN ITR SPOILER?? lol
Old 10-05-2003, 10:09 PM
Therin

i do, i wanna throw it on my EL. too bad you live in cali and i live in northern canada.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:10 PM
GSuperR
High revving V8 FTW!!!

Go with which you think that looks the best. I'd add a stock one if I were you, it tends to fit the best without adding any distractions to your rear windshield.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:33 PM
integsracer

well if there were any reason to keep the itr spoiler ( besides cosmetics ) id think about keeping it on. if it just makes things worse, ill take it off. i like the way my car looks both ways. anyone know more about how the itr spoiler's functions?
Old 10-05-2003, 10:33 PM
94civicEX
I got worms.

Honestly, I love the look of the ITR spoiler. I have the stock GSR spoiler now...and I'm contemplating the ITR. What color is your car :rick:?

duck squad member #00003