Notices

I am tryin to remove my old tail lights with some red/clears

Old 10-05-2003, 04:25 PM
stewman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am tryin to remove my old tail lights with some red/clears

does the tail lights just pop off? I dont wanna **** anything up.. what do I do or use to pop em off? So i can put the red/clears on
Old 10-05-2003, 04:27 PM
MPerson

You should put this in the DIY forum, but there are bolts inside the trunk that hold em in, the ones on the trunk itself are the hardest to take out, the sides are wicked easy. The black cover behind the taillights on the sides just pops off, then you'll see the nuts and bolts to take out.
Old 10-05-2003, 04:35 PM
AP1dude
JDM WHORE!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its rocket science .........actually real self explanatory.....undo bulb harnesses and remove nuts. they should pop right out
Old 10-05-2003, 06:00 PM
96GreenCivic

If they are a little stuck, and after you take out all the nuts, just tap them gently from behind and they should come right out.

For the outside lamps you have to pull away the carpreting. Then just remove the 4 nuts holding it in.

For the trunk, you have to first remove the two screws holding on the black cover, then remove the 4 nuts holding that piece in.

Word of caution, the lights may just fall out so be careful that they don't drop. I also cleaned out the open area before I put in my new lights. I'm just anal that way. Keep a mental note which light goes to the brake light and turnsignal. Its just annoying when you put the wrong light in the wrong socket.