Notices

Crazy Sh1t! Help

Old 10-04-2003, 08:30 PM
cwhiteboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy Sh1t! Help

Ok. Just swapped a new motor into my teg. 94 b18b. The car ran great for a day or so. Then while driving I started to notice the tach jumping up and down a little, but the engine would not fluctuate with it. After a little while it started doing it more and more, now it will jump all over, the car will start to bog, then die. It does this sparratically, but has gotten worse. I put a new fuel filter on, and did some basic tune up stuff but it didn't help. And just a couple minutes ago the speedo started jumping around to, with the car parked and at idle.

The MIL was throwing a code 20 (Electronic Load Detector) and a code 43 (Fuel Delivery System). After I put the new fuel filter in, I reset the ecu and now it doesn't come back on, but then the car doesnt run long enough for the ecu to detect the problem. (Runs at most 1 or 2 minutes.)

Any help or ideas would be appreciated, before I take it to acura and pay them hundreds of dollars to find out whats wrong.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:34 PM
Co0lDood
[ATP]ATL

so what do you own? a 94 teg and swapped the same engine into it b18b1??
Old 10-04-2003, 10:45 PM
squee

Yes it is the same engine.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:25 PM
cwhiteboy

Default update

Ok, now the fuel pump is not coming on at all. I'm trying to test the main relay and voltage to the fuel pump, but I can't find the main relay. My Helms says its under the steering wheel, but does not give me a very good description of it. The only thing I could find was a brown box mounted behind the hood popping latch. Is that it. I can remember everyone describing it as black or gray.
Old 10-05-2003, 01:01 PM
cwhiteboy

Default another update

that brown box was the relay, and the relay is shot. Well that fixes the fuel problem. Does the relay affect the tach and speedo as well. I don't really think so. If anyone can help me with that one that would be great. Does anyone know what sensor, plug, wire, etc. controls the tach and speedo. As you all know the helms manual is not very organized, but im about to go through the whole book. But if anyone knows n e thing that'd be great help.