Notices

radio code

Old 10-03-2003, 03:07 PM
Patman015
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio code

as some of u know, i got in a wreck about two weeks ago w/ my car. Well, i just got it back today (WHEW, $4700 worth of damage to my front end and they didnt total it!) and everything works better than ever. Only one thing...my radio says it needs a code. It tells me to enter it. It's a stock acura radio that came w. the car, cept i am the second owner of the car. I don't have the manual to the car, and i have NO clue where to find this stupid code (i know it's for anti-theft reasons, but c'mon!) any ideas? i would really like to hear music in my car again...
Old 10-03-2003, 03:30 PM
pnthr30

take out the HU and get the serial number off of the back, call a dealer - they should give the code to you........
Old 10-03-2003, 06:24 PM
Clean00GSR
B18c1 >*

Originally posted by pnthr30
take out the HU and get the serial number off of the back, call a dealer - they should give the code to you........
they sure will......after you give them an absured amount of $$$$.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:34 PM
Patman015
Gold Member

Originally posted by Clean00GSR
they sure will......after you give them an absured amount of $$$$.
they wont charge me....will they??!! It's not my fault i dunno the code
Old 10-03-2003, 09:50 PM
TarHeeL-Si

whats the point of anti-theft if anyone could jus call and give them the serial number and get the code??
Old 10-04-2003, 10:05 AM
Patman015
Gold Member

Originally posted by TarHeeL-Si
whats the point of anti-theft if anyone could jus call and give them the serial number and get the code??
your right...they said i hafta make an appointment, bring it in, and they can reprogram it. but itz gonna cost me $40. WTF, itz not my fault that the firemen disconnected my battery when they did. I heard that it's asking for the code because it was disconnected from the battery. I think thatz bull$#itt. Now i dont steal radios, but if thatz the reason y itz asking me for the code, then what happens when i hafta replace the battery? I hafta disconnect the car from the current battery, and connect it to the new one. Will it ask for the code again? im not payin $40 extra for a new battery just because the radio was disconnected.
Old 10-04-2003, 10:09 AM
Xymox007
Björkian

Buy a new head unit and be done with it. The OEM one is a joke to begin with.
Old 10-05-2003, 01:09 PM
dave0283

Originally posted by Patman015
your right...they said i hafta make an appointment, bring it in, and they can reprogram it. but itz gonna cost me $40. WTF, itz not my fault that the firemen disconnected my battery when they did. I heard that it's asking for the code because it was disconnected from the battery. I think thatz bull$#itt. Now i dont steal radios, but if thatz the reason y itz asking me for the code, then what happens when i hafta replace the battery? I hafta disconnect the car from the current battery, and connect it to the new one. Will it ask for the code again? im not payin $40 extra for a new battery just because the radio was disconnected.
i had disconnected my battery before and the radio was asking for the code. I took the serial number down and called them up and they gave me the code, no questions asked. didn't even have to go in. they gave it to me over the phone. now i have the code and just put it in every time i have to disconnect the battery.
Old 10-05-2003, 01:35 PM
Daniel

Why don't you call an out of town or out of state dealership?
Old 10-05-2003, 03:04 PM
redgsr95

i had the same problem and went to te dealership and they looked around the inside of the car for a sticker that has that code on it. do this open yourglove box and on the left side outside of the glove box your should find the code. hope that helps.