Notices

Is this a deal?

Old 10-02-2003, 09:54 PM
Ronin625

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a deal?

i was looking into this civic, but im not too sure if its a good deal or not, so i need your guys opinions. Im skeptical, and its missing so many exterior parts, and he hasnt mentioned why its missing. And i live in cali, so i dont know how well the car runs, or anything. So I wanna know what you guys think

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...threadid=98064
Old 10-02-2003, 10:02 PM
93HybridCX
Beast from the East

It sounds like it has been wrecked being it needs the bumper hood and a fender. It will also be pretty expensive to ship it. If it were me I would try to find a car local that way you can see what your getting and you can drive it and you won`t have to ship it. I am always skeptical about buying something that I have never seen or driven because you don`t know what you are getting till it gets to you and then its to late.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:13 PM
username03

yeah definately what that guy said

always check www.autotrader.com they have lots of cheap deals from people that are moving or need a minivan or something
Old 10-03-2003, 04:26 PM
alllooksnnogo
Just another import lover

I wouldn'y go for something thats all banged up really. Do what these guys suggest and look around. A good/better deal will always pop up.

Becides think of the money/labor you'd have to do to repair the body. She'd be full of bondo
Old 10-03-2003, 10:00 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a few things:

its generally not a good idea to buy a car that "needs work". That almost always entails more "work" than you expected.

NEVER buy a car without driving it and looking it over thoroughly. If you're not mechanically inclined, have someone who is look at it.

If its been in an accident, as it obviously has, never buy a car without first taking it to a body shop to make sure the frame is OK. (if its very minor damage, you don't have to worry about that)

I wouldn't buy it.