Notices

Brake ?

Old 10-01-2003, 08:31 PM
Turbonium

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake ?

i recently noticed my rotors are very warped especially during hard braking. i plan on doing the brake pads and rotors, but how to do it?

i was thinking of slotted rotors and oem pads. or should i just resurface my rotors, and get oem pads, or get better pads like axxis or greenstuff. do u think brembo quality are good enough to withstand warping better than oem.

also whats the average price of a shop to do the labor if i have the slotted rotors and pads on hand? either that or ill do it myself but which is best, shop or me and friends
Old 10-01-2003, 09:01 PM
Daniel

As far as who does the work, you and your friends can do it. There's plenty of coverage in the forums on how to swap rotors and pads! Just do a search in the Integra forum for brakes.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:14 PM
Ice025

It's really east to swap rotors man. There are a couple screws that hold the rotors in. Once you take them out the rotor will come right off. Just make sure when you put the rear brake pads on that everything lines up. Have someone push the brake pedal down while you check that the piston on the caliper is seated properly on the brake pad. All in all it'll probably take ya like an hour to do all 4 wheels.