Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

??? Boosting???

Old 10-01-2003, 01:41 PM
tocobowthc2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??? Boosting???

I just recent got turbo. I have a B16 crx. T3/t4 turbo. Just wondering how much boost is good or safe for no bottom mods. Cuz I haven't gotten the bottom end done up yet. I was boosting @ 6psi. Now it's up @ 9psi. People say boosting at 9 psi my bottom end will give out within 6 months. But heard else where it's perfectly safe. What's true? Should I just bring back down 4-5 psi til i get it done up?
Old 10-01-2003, 02:00 PM
crxb16er

lol depends on the setup uve got, ur ignition system, ur valve train, how highly u rev the engine, i would not run 9lbs regularly on a stock bottom if that is what u are asking, id keep it at 4-6 until u build it, trust me its safer to build the engine and boost more at a later time then to blow it and face a rebuild, which is so much more expensive
Old 10-01-2003, 02:20 PM
tocobowthc2

K. Koo.. Well this week im getting my 440 RC injectors and JG throttle body 65mm and dyno tune it. Maybe a track run. To see where I sit at.

91 Crx si (gutted)

B16 1st gen
T3/T4 hybrid turbo
Blitz Bov
Speaco Intercooler
Turbonetics wastegate
Cams
Cam gears
Valve springs
Retainers
Custom Radiator
Aem Fuel Rail
Vortec FMU
Type R mainfold
Hondata manifold gasket
Hondata Stage 4
Tokico Ill. gas shocks
Skunk coilovers
Falken Azenis Tires
JG 65mm throttle (soon)
440cc RC Injectors (soon)

After I get the injectors and throttle body. Dyno and tune it with the hondata? How well do you think my car will do at the track boosting at 9 psi?

Cuz I think im going try do all this then take it to the track before I the switch out the wastegate spring to lower my boost.

Thanks,

Tocobowth2
Old 10-01-2003, 03:05 PM
txhatch
I hate 2003 Noobs.

With your hondata tuning you will be ok running 10-12psi. I used to run 8psi daily and when i had hondata i ran 11psi racing. This was all on a stock ls motor.
Old 10-01-2003, 03:25 PM
tocobowthc2

Nice. Thanks for the info....
Old 10-07-2003, 10:55 AM
yellow civic ex
ghey slow d16 modder

yea....tuned you should be able to run about twice the boost safely. the main thing that kills engines is when they run too lean or way too rich.
when you get it tuned at 12lbs or so, i would expect a time in the low-mid 13's with a lot of wheelspin, if it's your first time at the track. if you get good you could break into the mid 12's, and on slicks you might be able to break into the 11's. good luck!
Old 10-08-2003, 12:09 PM
sphinx054

its never a bad idea it reenforce everything before deciding to really start pushing it. someone could really push a motor and it not break but then someone else could do the same thing and blow the motor. personally i dont have alot of money so if i do put a substantial amount of money into a motor i will most definatly make sure that all precautions to ensure the strenth of my motor have been taken. if youre gonna rebuild the bottom end and you have the money where as if your motor blew tomorrow you could have it repaired go ahead and push it. but if your tight with your money and arent gonna rebuild for a while make sure that what you have not will hold until you are ready. hope i am helpful. keep me posted