Notices

buying new clutch

Old 09-30-2003, 11:35 AM
dave0283

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buying new clutch

i wanted to get some feedback on an Exedy stage 2 clutch. What do you guys think. Also if anyone has any other suggestion please let me know
Thanks
Old 09-30-2003, 12:17 PM
Chrgsr96
~~~~~~~~~

Before I wrecked my gsr I had just installed the Exedy stage 1 clutch and had almost had it broken in completely. But from what I can tell you in the short time I had it was that the pedal feel was a very good feel. It actually felt better then the stock feel. I was pleased with it from the little time I had to experience it and it was also only $150 off of Ebay.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:37 AM
dave0283

thanks for the feedback!!!! Anyone else try the stage 2 exedy clutch or have thoughts about it?
thanks
Old 10-01-2003, 10:06 AM
Daniel

Haven't tried the Stage 2 but I can speak for the Exedy Organic in my car right now and it's all positive. As stated previously, pedal feel is a big factor for me and when first using it, it does feel stiff and takes more pressure than the stock, but after becoming used to it, it's second nature to me.

Also, I have never experienced slippage in the two+ years I have had it. It grabs at any RPM I can throw at it. Good buy from www.clutchcityonline.com
Old 10-01-2003, 10:24 AM
dave0283

Originally posted by drumsy
Haven't tried the Stage 2 but I can speak for the Exedy Organic in my car right now and it's all positive. As stated previously, pedal feel is a big factor for me and when first using it, it does feel stiff and takes more pressure than the stock, but after becoming used to it, it's second nature to me.

Also, I have never experienced slippage in the two+ years I have had it. It grabs at any RPM I can throw at it. Good buy from www.clutchcityonline.com
did you install the clutch yourself? if so how long did it take you and how difficult was it. If not, how much did you pay to get it installed.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:14 AM
Daniel

A friend and I did install it, as well as a Fidanza 9lb flywheel. It was a very long endeavor that took us a total of 3 days to fix it. I had never done it before and he had, but work space and available tools kind of hampered us. Without an engine lift and all the right tools, I would not be comfortable trying it again.

I've seen local shops charge around $200 to change your clutch.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:21 AM
dave0283

Originally posted by drumsy
A friend and I did install it, as well as a Fidanza 9lb flywheel. It was a very long endeavor that took us a total of 3 days to fix it. I had never done it before and he had, but work space and available tools kind of hampered us. Without an engine lift and all the right tools, I would not be comfortable trying it again.

I've seen local shops charge around $200 to change your clutch.
would you happen to know where i can get a engine lift and how much?
Old 10-01-2003, 12:14 PM
Daniel

No, I don't. I don't live in your state. You might try looking at JC Whitney.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/...&storeId=10101

What you pay for the lift though, you could have already payed a trusted shop to do the work for you.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:21 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

I would stick with the Exedy Organic clutch (never heard them referred to in "stages" really). Really positive feedback on it from a lot of people and unless you're making wads of power it will be more than sufficient. Their Cerametallic clutch is a "quasi-pucked" (to use my own term) design which means it's going to have a narrower engagement and be a bit annoying to drive on a daily basis.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:46 PM
cu3tip

i got the ACT HDSS ( heavy duty ) its a nice clutch

love it