Notices

door un-paneling tips

Old 09-30-2003, 09:16 AM
frank
frank from canada

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door un-paneling tips

hey i have to get in at my power locks because they freaking broke. i've got a 93 civic sedan and i've got two car manuals, haynes, and some crazy 1250 page pdf someone posted. i'm pretty sure i can figure it out from those books but i was wondering if anyone had any extra tips so as to not break anything the book doesn't mention. ie the clips, don't let something fall into some crack, etc thanks
Old 09-30-2003, 09:56 AM
Wharbone

It's not hard. Just remove screws on inner handle and coin pocket or whatever it is called. Then gently pry the sides of the panel until it pops off clip by clip. I used a big screw driver to pry with. None of my clips broke or anything.
Old 09-30-2003, 11:31 AM
Daniel

For my Integra, it's to just remove the screw behind the door handle, remove the screw in the little cubby hole, and remove the screw towards the front of the interior paneling. Then just put your fingers inbetween the panel and door and pull out. As stated, they will pop out. Then I lift the panel straight up, as the weatherstripping is resting on a lip. I think the same holds true for Civics, pull it straight up, not out.
Old 09-30-2003, 01:09 PM
93DituneEX
HIDs teh hotness!

yeah what they said...