Notices

95 EX Suspension Question

Old 09-29-2003, 10:36 PM
Mikerosoft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 EX Suspension Question

I am a newbie to the whole posting part, but I have been reading through some of these forums for the last couple months. I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me a little bit of information/adivce about my car and lowering it, seeing as I have no experience when it comes to that.

I have a 95 Civic EX Coupe which I picked up in early July. Since then I have decided to begin working on it a little over the winter to that I will have something nice to drive this summer coming up. I had purchased a set of 17 inch rims running on 40 series tires and I really like the way my car rides now. (I haven't done any other modifications to it.) I would like to lower it about 1.5 - 2 inches, and I was wondering what is the best product for me to do that. Initially I was looking at air suspension but heard from various sources I would lose a lot of my handling. This car is going to be my daily driver for the summer and I want what everyone wants. The best ride with the best handling. I am looking at spending about $1500 max, but the less I have to spend the more I can use on the rest of the car. If anyone could offer some info up on some products they have tried on their cars (either telling me what to go with or what to stay away from) I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
-Mike
Old 09-29-2003, 10:38 PM
snatch

eibach prokit is a nice setup from what i heard, i have adj. coilovers, and they are kinda a pain
Old 09-29-2003, 10:54 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would suggest Eibach Prokit for a mild drop, or sportline for a more aggressive drop.

My personal bias is towards H&R, their reputation for quality is very good. H&R has a Sport set that I really like.

TireRack.com carries all that I mentioned and you can find the approximate lowering height on it!
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 09-30-2003, 01:36 PM
93DituneEX
HIDs teh hotness!

I got some H&R sport springs but i messed up putting everything on so I couldn't give you a view on how they ride. I bought mine from Adventon.com and heard they have a very good reputation, just ask RiceBurninVTEC, he's bought crapload from em.
Old 09-30-2003, 01:45 PM
Wharbone

Originally posted by 93DituneEX
I got some H&R sport springs but i messed up putting everything on so I couldn't give you a view on how they ride. I bought mine from Adventon.com and heard they have a very good reputation, just ask RiceBurninVTEC, he's bought crapload from em.
adventon.com is awesome
Old 09-30-2003, 04:24 PM
Mikerosoft

Default Thanks but...

Thank you for all of your input so far. It seems that the two of you kind of agreed on H&R Sport Springs, and I am seriously considering those. I was wondering, if I were to get those springs should I get a new set of shocks too? And what is the main difference between springs and shocks compaired to coilovers?
-Mike
Old 09-30-2003, 08:43 PM
93DituneEX
HIDs teh hotness!

Coilovers are spring/shock combo that you can adjust the height on whenever you want. If I were you, I would do ahead and replace the struts if you're replacing the springs, but thats just me.
Old 10-05-2003, 01:26 AM
Tuphatt

I would recommend Ground Control Coilovers with KYB AGX shocks. The shocks can be adjusted and the ride height can also be adjusted.

www.coximports.com has a set of shocks for about $340
ground control coiovers run about $300

If you want to drop and forget about it go with H&R springs

Koni Yellows are also good shocks..

try

www.Groupbuycenter.com
Old 10-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Mikerosoft

I decided to go with H&R Sport Springs and I was thinking I should replace my shocks/struts at the same time. Any names I should go with or stay away from? I have heard good things about KYB but do I need the adjustible ones (ADJ)? Or should I stay with the non-adjustible (GX2)? Or any other products?! Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-05-2003, 11:51 PM
NeverBX
Snootchie Bootchies!!

Originally posted by MaxBoosT
I would suggest Eibach Prokit for a mild drop, or sportline for a more aggressive drop.

My personal bias is towards H&R, their reputation for quality is very good. H&R has a Sport set that I really like.

TireRack.com carries all that I mentioned and you can find the approximate lowering height on it!
H&R produces Eibach springs at their factory.