Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

A new personal record!

Old 09-28-2003, 11:10 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A new personal record!

Dead last.

The event today was the most wide-open, straight autocross course I've ever seen. There was a wide turn-around (about 150 ft) at either end, a slalom so wide-spread it would be better described as "sweepers", a little tighter slalom (only 3 cones tho), and a little chicane at the end.

Just to give you an idea of how fast the course was, FTD was 35.38 seconds. FTD at Coors field is usually around 48-50 seconds. It felt less like an autocross and more like a roadrace, parts were even like a drag race.

Needless to say, the old shitbox wasnt up to the task... My roommate (Saab SPG turbo) beat me by 2.5 sec, and I usually beat him on a normal tight course. I was dead last in STS, in a field of 27. I think I'm gonna complain to the course designer... it made power take precedence over skill. :down:

If there are going to be more courses like this next season, I'll definitely need to make the jump to SM... theres no hope for what is probably 60 unhealthy horses when its in a straight line. :wtc:

Please don't make fun of me.
Old 09-29-2003, 06:30 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hehehe I finally got beat by a guy who I've been beating for the past 2 years by .5 seconds He nipped me by 1/10th of a second yesterday Although he had some cheater mods I didn't care much
Old 09-29-2003, 07:44 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

yesterday's event kinda made me want to get another beater for h-stock. There was some really good h-stock competition, the top four cars were all within a few tenths of eachother.... I don't really have the money for two beaters though....
Old 09-29-2003, 02:26 PM
DakarM

I know what you mean. The sacramento chaper usually is full of corvettes and cobras so the course is mostly favored towards the high hp cars with gigantic r compounds. However they've had to move to a smaller lot so the smaller cars kick ass all over the vettes now eheheh

a miata in CSP took FTD last event
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:32 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

the csp competition was pretty tight, but they weren't near FTD...

My freinds dad got 3rd fastest in his e-mod v8 triumph spitfire, but got a noise violation DNF. :chuckles: They have a 93 dB sound limit at coor field.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:11 PM
CivicSiRacer

That sucks!

We have a no noise before 10am or we wake the horses rule Since we run in the parking lot of the Penn National Race Course
Old 09-29-2003, 11:01 PM
DakarM

Originally posted by CivicSiRacer
That sucks!

We have a no noise before 10am or we wake the horses rule Since we run in the parking lot of the Penn National Race Course
hehe when we use the horse race tracks lot we don't start til 10am for the same reason :chuckles;
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:59 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

mmmm.... 10am. that sounds nice. I wish we had a rule like that. All our events start ass-early in the morning. It would suck getting up and driving to Pke's Peak Int'l Raceway (like an hour and a half-two hours away) and getting there by 7:15. Thats why I only go to the Coors field events... Although I think PPIR is the only location without a sound limit here in RMD.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:19 PM
CivicSiRacer

Originally posted by Sh*tBox
mmmm.... 10am. that sounds nice. I wish we had a rule like that. All our events start ass-early in the morning. It would suck getting up and driving to Pke's Peak Int'l Raceway (like an hour and a half-two hours away) and getting there by 7:15. Thats why I only go to the Coors field events... Although I think PPIR is the only location without a sound limit here in RMD.
Well I still have to get to our events early to help setup and do registration. I'm usually there by 7am. We lost one of our lots due to an old lady complaining that our cars were too loud and she lived 5 miles away. We just wanted to egg her house