Notices
Parts Classifieds Non-commercial posts only.

FS or Trade: 7" Widescreen and DVD player

Old 09-23-2003, 09:58 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS or Trade: 7" Widescreen and DVD player

Up for sale or trade is a like new 7" LCD screen and dvd player.

The maker is Delphi, this system is what ford puts in their Explorer, Expedition and other vehicles. It is a $1300 option.

The 7" widescreen monitor has no "housing", but it makes it great for custom instalations. There is a black shroud around the screen itself, with 2 small trim pieces on each side of that to fill the gap, it fits perfectly in a double DIN opening.

The DVD player is a raw chassis (like a in dash cd player) single DIN unit. Has all the controls on the faceplate, and I believe it has the ability to be controlled by a wireless remote. The front of the player also has A/V inputs for a game system, camera or VCR. The monitor turns on automatically when video is sent into it.

The cable that connects the monitor to the dvd player is about 3 feet long. I am not sure if it can be lengthened, it is a harness consisting of about 25 small wires.

The picture of the monitor is really nice... very clear and defined.

It is mounted in my car right now, but I plan on removing it as soon as I get the chance. I bought it cause it was a great price at the time and I thought i'd get more use out of it. Right now I really would rather have the money.

I'm asking $450 for it. It is complete and ready to go, you'll just have to find a way of mounting it. You can very easily go totally custom and fiberglass it into your stock radio location, and mount your deck where the ashtray is. The DVD player will fit in a glove box.

Pictures will come as soon as I get it out of the car.

For a trade, i'll take a set of simple 17" wheels with GOOD tires.