Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

headgasket/adj. cam gear/injectors install

Old 09-21-2003, 01:03 AM
yellow civic ex
ghey slow d16 modder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headgasket/adj. cam gear/injectors install

well, i just finished installing my new inline pro 3mm head gasket. what a pain in the ass! if i knew it'd be so hard i woulda kept the stock one on.

any tips on breaking it in or anything?? the car seems to run fine...actually a little bit slower than with the stock gasket. would the 3mm thickness actually lower the compression enough for me to feel any difference??

i also installed an adjustable cam gear, cause the teeth from the timing belt didn't line up perfectly when i set both at tdc...what an easy install!

also, my rc310s are finally in!!! the non-boost response (before the fmu kicks in) is a lot smoother and the car doesn't kiccup anymore like it used to with stock injectors.

like i said, everything seems to be running fine...although i hope i didn't forget anything, because i had to stretch the install over about 3 days because of this stupid storm, and i worked without power to finish it up.

my dyno appt. is this weds at inline pro, where i'll be tuned at 10lbs...i need to do a compression test monday or tues.
anyone know where to get or how expensive a compression tester is???
anything i need to keep in mind or do before the appt weds???

any input would be soooooooooo appreciated, cause this is the first time i'm doing any of this, and dont know where to begin.
thanks!!!
Old 09-29-2003, 02:08 PM
MrJasey

comp test is easy did it on my ex. i have one at my house. too bad i am not home. lol.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:03 PM
yellow civic ex
ghey slow d16 modder

thanks...did a comp test about a week ago...the comp in all four cylinders was about 180. the factory is ~195, so with the head gasket it'd be lower. all's okay