Notices

Any real Integra "B18b" experts here ?

Old 07-16-2002, 06:49 AM
eclipse spanker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any real Integra "B18b" experts here ?

OK for all those real "nuts and bolts" teggie fanatics, here is a puzzle: I was driving my girlfriends mom to church this weekend, and My 92 teg just shut off on me in the middle of the road. I've heard the integra ignition systems are weak but this has never happened to me before.....I check for spark in the spark plugs, and I found that the engine wasnt getting any spark. So I assumed that the problem was in the ignition system. So I took the distributor cap off, and found that the ignition coil had been totally melted away !. So I bought I new coil, and a new distributor cap, installed them, and the car started running again. About 30 minutes after the car dies again !...I figured that the problem was in the ignition rotor, since I hadnt replaced that, so I bought I new one and installed it....It still didnt start ! Have any of you guys experienced this ? Any body have an idea of what the problem might be ??? HELP !!!!!!
Old 07-16-2002, 06:56 AM
eclipse spanker

Oh yes..I forgot a few things......The the ignition does try to turn over when I turn the key, so its not the starter motor....I checked the fuel pump and filter, and they are fine ........what else could it be ???
Old 07-16-2002, 07:31 AM
slickboy
ECHC junkee

I had my coil on my 91 teg go out. It sputtered for a second and then died. Then engine would try to turn over, but wouldn't start. It is possible that the distributor itself is shot. If you have a friend that has a 92-93 teg, see if you can try out their distributor(90-91's are different). It is possible that you burned out that coil too, I have seen it happen.
Old 07-16-2002, 08:15 AM
eclipse spanker

well i just gopt the report back , and they are saying that they want my coil is out (but not the ignition coil, some other coil) and the distributor...and they want to charge me 570 $ to replace it !!! Does that sound like a reasonable price ?
Old 07-16-2002, 08:38 AM
slickboy
ECHC junkee

Originally posted by eclipse spanker
well i just gopt the report back , and they are saying that they want my coil is out (but not the ignition coil, some other coil) and the distributor...and they want to charge me 570 $ to replace it !!! Does that sound like a reasonable price ?
Get a better description of what this coil is. Find out what the part # is and post it up on here or PM me with it and we'll look to see if we can get you a better price on it. This may be something that you can do yourself. New distributors aren't cheap, but you could prolly find a used one on www.g2ic.com or on www.thepartstrader.com for a decent price. Let me know what the deal is with that part asnd I'll help you as much as I can.
Old 07-16-2002, 08:41 AM
sonic
tailin your ass...

bro i had my ignition coils replaced on my 94 teg LS like a few months ago cuz it was shot as hell... my car can turn over but no spark tho.... it cost be 300 flat with the Acura ignition coils for installation... hope u can get a better price cuz that seems like a rip off!!!
Old 07-16-2002, 08:48 AM
slickboy
ECHC junkee

When my coil went out in my 91 LS, I had it replaced by one from a 92-95 Civic I believe(MUCH cheaper part). Although the 90-91's are pre-OBD(OBD-0) and the 92-93's are OBD-1, so I don't know if this is possible on your teg. Like ai suggested before, find out the part #'s and I'll see what I can do to help you.
Old 07-16-2002, 09:35 AM
eclipse spanker

OK I just called the mechanic, and he said that I need to replace the ignition module, and the 2 hull effects.......do you know how much those parts go for ? He didnt have any part numbers available........
Old 07-16-2002, 11:20 AM
SlprTeg

OK I just called the mechanic, and he said that I need to replace the ignition module, and the 2 hull effects.......do you know how much those parts go for ? He didnt have any part numbers available........
My car did the same thing. I just replaced everything in the distributer just to be safe. Total cost for parts was like $170. I think i got all boche or something, oem was too much :fawk:
Old 07-16-2002, 11:29 AM
slickboy
ECHC junkee

You can always call the Acura dealer and get the part #'s from them.

Quick Reply: Any real Integra "B18b" experts here ?