Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

low idle probs

Old 09-18-2003, 12:08 PM
97importdreamz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low idle probs

ive got a 97 civic dx. my prob started about a week ago and is turning out to be one big headache after another. the car starts just fine and runs fine but whenevr i have to stop for a traffic light, stop sign, or slow down to make a sharp turn into my driveway, the car idles extremely low and the battery light flickers and sometimes just stays on and the car shuts off. so at stop lights i just keep the rpms up alittle bit and im fine...its getting annoying tho. when i first brought it to the mechanic he said my alternator was bad so we replaced that and the battery. still having probs. today i asked him to adjust the idle so its not so low...he says thats not gonna fix it and tat its my O2 sensor thats the problem. he says i need to get some little kit er sumthing that overrides the computer er some crap...i dunno what he was saying.....half of it was in spanish and i havent taken that since 10th grade. he thinks its b/c i put an itake on the car that the sensor is messed up. i got the weapon-r dragon intake w/ the ram air hose kit and heat shield garbage.....i wonder if i take the ram air part off and just leave the pipe and filter on there if itll change anything. anyway, thats my story. if anyone knows the solution to this problem i would greatly appreciate it . thanx
Old 12-10-2003, 11:02 AM
jlude92

vacumm?? i sorta had the same prob, my vacuum hoses werent correct going from the intake to the hose connecter crap.. hope that kinna helps.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:04 AM
twistdCivic

have you tried resetting the ecu??