Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Help Building My B20VTEC!

Old 09-15-2003, 07:13 PM
The G2 Racer
Want Boost!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Building My B20VTEC!

I want to build myself a B20VTEC engien and run a turbo on it. Basically making myslef a nice sleeper (sedans aren't excepted to be fast).
I've decided to run a B20B block and selvee it, also use a block gridle. The head will be a B16A. Thinking 9:1 compression.

However I'm not usre on what parts to run/use. I want to get the most out of this engine. Also what do I need to machine?
Old 09-17-2003, 11:13 AM
Civic Type Sev

You'll basically have to build it like an LS/VTEC.
Plug the oil passage in the head and run an oil supply line from the back of the block to the head.
Enlarge dowel pin holes... etc.
Just do a search on LS/VTEC'ing and I'm sure you'll find what you need.
Oh... you'll want to get a vtec water pump (GSR or SIR) and matching timing belt.
An upgraded radiator is also a must especially if you have a civic dx, lx or ex. Note that you can get a double core radiator off of a 94 to 97 Del Sol VTEC.
PS: the trim line codes used in this post are canadian trim levels just in case anyone is wondering.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:29 AM
LSVTECKING
rebuilding

Definately get a bigger radiator, A.) stock will suck really bad B.) It will suck even worse if you use a cylinder brace. I learned this on my first LS/VTEC. either get a del sol or an after market one.
Old 09-25-2003, 05:40 PM
jeepxj66

If you are going to resleve the block anyways you can start with any B18 or larger block and the B18's are more plentiful. The only diff between the B18 and the B20 is the larger pistons in the bigger bores so the crank and rods are the same as the B18a/b motors. If you want to rev like a vtec you will want aftermarket rods. Or just get the B18c crank and rods. It has a slightly shorter stroke but it is designed to rev that high.