Notices

Tranny HELP!!!! Please

Old 07-15-2002, 05:37 PM
gsrvtec95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny HELP!!!! Please

ok I have a 95 GSR and well a couple days ago it started shifting hard. Like I have a hard time getting it into the next gear no matter up shift or down shift. But it comes and goes. sometimes its smooth sometimes its not. I changed the tranny fluid put in synthetic valvoline 10W30 motor oil in it. Flushed the clutch system and put nw fluid in it cause it was almost black. Now does anyone know if there is pedal adjustment?? if so could htis be my probelm?? Also has anyone heard of master cylinder or maybe slave gogin bad and causing this problem?? Or how about a broken pressure plate so as the clutch does not disenagage completely?? But this shouldnt be the case since I can shift every gear smooth while sitting still. and the clutch is not slipping at all. o and the slave cylinder makes a squeaking nosie when the clutch is pushed maybe somehitng there who knows.. Any ideas helpful please. thanks shwnoff@msn.com

95 GSR
Tenzo Sport Springs
Rear strut tower brace
Suspension Techniques Rear sway bar
Old 07-15-2002, 08:24 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

my buddy just got a 94 Ls and it's doing just about the same thign. It's so bad that you ahve to actually shut off the car, put it into gear, and then restart it sometimes. I'm saying it's something with the clutch/throwout bearing/shift fork... Tough call. We blead the line too, jsut haven't changed the fluid. It looks like it's at the right level, and it had been changed recently, so I doubt that's the problem. Right now, you're guess is as good as mine. We're going to go ahead and replace the clutch/TO bearing and see what's up from there... FUN FUN STUFF!!!
Old 07-15-2002, 08:25 PM
Kaiz

The clutches on the 3rd gen Integras are all automatically adjusted through the hydrualic clutch system. There is no manual adjustment.

I suggest to try double clutching your shifts. If you can shift easily when you double clutch, then I'm afraid your syncros are going.

Good luck.