Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

New Engine Question

Old 09-09-2003, 03:31 PM
Vlad Exodus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Engine Question

Whats up guys, I have a 92 civic dx with no engine in it what type of engine should i put in that would fit in it? Please give me all your suggestion.
Thanks.
-Vlad Exodus
Old 09-09-2003, 07:19 PM
AwwsChwA

Depends on how much you have to spend. If you need to go cheap, find a SOHC VTEC and drop it in. If you've got some more serious money to spend, any B-series engine can be put in it and have little affect on handling.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:45 AM
LSVTECKING
rebuilding

Im kind of biased but for the money and if you have decent skills build a LS/VTEC. Everyone calls them the frankenstein engine but I've personally built both LS/VTEC and B20/VTEC engines and only one blew up and that was the first one because of a coolant leak that I didn't know about and I went inside to let it heat up b4 I took it on its first few miles and bang.....dead but since then I've got 7 under my belt still running in my own personal cars and friends cars. I have a built LS/VTEC for 2000 for everything. Engine, LS tranny, GSR ecu and complete wiring harness. All you will need is swap mounts. I also personally like Place Racing mounts the best.