Notices

DVD nav in a 1999 RL, maybe you can, too...

Old 09-09-2003, 02:27 PM
n3tel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DVD nav in a 1999 RL, maybe you can, too...

I have just completed the schematic work for changing my 1999 RL from a hard disk drive Nav to a DVD nav. The video is no problem, the only thing left to work out is the sound, for the audible voice guiding. It may be easy, or it may not be. I'll get into this more when I am done with the install.

Question:

If I can make a kit for less than $100 which will allow you to install a DVD nav in place of your HDD nav, would anyone be interested? If you don't need the voice, it may even be under $50 for the harness adapter. (no wire cutting, just plug and play!) It would be a 10 minute modification, and you would be able to change it back anytime you need to, with no trace of ever having done it.

You would have to aquire your own DVD Nav brain, which is the part that mounts in the trunk. Any interest??? Any ideas??? I could integate the video mod as part of this package, but it would increase the price. (It would remain plug and play, no wires to cut...)

I am working on RL's now, but would consider making a kit for any Acura.

Some models seem to be plug and play, but going from my 1999 to a 2000 or later one was not. Theoretically, any nav could be upgraded from HDD to DVD drive.