Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

B Series decided... but what setup?

Old 09-08-2003, 07:45 AM
mishima_beef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B Series decided... but what setup?

Hey.. after some thought and realization of the ease of b series swaps compared to h series (was thinking h22 at first) ive decided that ill swap a b series into the 98 cx..

at first i was thinking just slap a gs-r or a type r motor in there and slowly build it up.. but all these frankenstein engines are beginning to intrigue me.. so if anyone has any suggestions, anything to say, comments or concerns on any of these motors please feel free to say something..

Ls/Vtec (ive heard bad things about rod stroke ratio.. but why is it in honda tuning mag there are 2 articles of 2 different cars (LS+b18c1 head and LS+b18c5 head)

Type R (N/a)

Gs-r (N/a)

Gs-r (turbo)

b20 (turbo)

b20/vtec

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i want to build a car that will dominate in the straight line (hoping mid-low 13s.. 12s would be great).. and i plan to autocross the car occasionally... with a nice suspension setup

thanks
Chris

:thumbup:
Old 09-08-2003, 09:57 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Build an LS, turbo charge it, get a good clutch, some strong axles, a limited slip differential, traction bars, poly suspension bushings, some big brakes, sticky tires and tune for all it's worth at about 20 psi... and that should get you where you want to go
Old 12-10-2003, 11:05 AM
jlude92

b18c5