Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Building F23 ?'s

Old 09-07-2003, 10:22 PM
BLOCK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building F23 ?'s

I've been thinking about building the F23 instead of swaping an H22. Main reason being that I only have 50K on my engine and still have extended warrantee and it runs perfect, ect. On this site I found pistons for our car in either 8.8:1 (aren't these stock for f22) or 11:1 pistons. Also 85mm or 85.5? I'm just trying to gain as much info on this as I can, so anyone that has any advice let me know. Oh, and F22 pistons will work for the F23 right? I'm pretty sure they will since it's bascally the exact motor. Only thing that worries me is the F22 has 8.8 compression and the F23 has 9.3. Right now all I have is e/i/h/p +plugs and wires, but I plan on getting forged pistons, a new cam & cam gear, and a port n polished head. Will I need to do any tuning with just my current setup + the pistons? Also will a bigger fuel pump help out this type of setup? I really appreiciate ANY help, Thanks