Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

car won't start, help please!!!!!

Old 09-04-2003, 11:29 PM
yokogsr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car won't start, help please!!!!!

hey guys, this happened while i was on my way home from work. my car just died while i was going 40 mph. i tried to restart it. it spins over but couldn't crank up. so i suspected the distributor gone bad. i swap a spare one this morning, but it still don't have ignition fire. everything else seems fine. this 95 gsr got 150k miles on it. it's completely stock. what could cause it won't crank? electric problems? i dont' know where to start. i spoke with a mechanic at dealer, he said it could be the main relay under the dash. what relay is he talking about? what is it looks like? how do i know if it's gone bad? anyone knows what could've happend to my car? any idea will be appreciated.
Old 09-06-2003, 01:30 PM
Redlinerz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What makes a car turn on? Hmmm... fuel,spark,and compression. Check your spark, then fuel. That is where you always start. As for the relay look under the das on the drivers side and by the hood relase there is a small box that says "Main Relay" You may have to remove the lil ashtray in the drivers corner(only 3 screws) After you found it take out the relay and put a jumper wire from 5 to 7 and turn the key...you should hear the fuel pump turn on but don't start the car. Let it run for about 6 secs. then take the wire out and replace the relay and try and start your car. But I doubt it is the relay because it wouldn't cause you car to stop while driving..prolly the igniter. My advice is go buy a helms or haynes book for your car.