Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

93 prelude Si H23 - Smoking Exhaust... What's Wrong???

Old 09-04-2003, 09:50 AM
dohclude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 prelude Si H23 - Smoking Exhaust... What's Wrong???

I just bought a 93 Si lude a few months ago. I checked the exhaust at the time that I purchased it and there was absolutely no smoke at all whatsoever. The car has about 160K on it. Well, just in a couple months time, the car began smoking out the exhaust. There is a big puff of blue-ish smoke when I start the car, and it smokes very slightly when at idle, but when I am driving and I rev it up and shift gears, there's always a big cloud of smoke behind me. I wouldn't think that the rings would have gone bad just in a couple of months, so I am figuring it is something else. Is it possible that there is something else wrong here that I could fix other than putting new rings in the pistons?
Old 09-04-2003, 05:38 PM
LSVTECKING
rebuilding

With 160,000 your rings can pretty much go at any time. Just cause its been a few months doesnt mean that something like that cant go wrong. Do a compresion test and compare your findings to factory specs.
Old 09-05-2003, 01:29 PM
dohclude

where can I find the compression numbers for the h23? How much compression should I have on each cylinder?
Old 09-08-2003, 04:38 AM
LSVTECKING
rebuilding

Get a helm manual. Its well worth the money.