Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

suspension.....

Old 09-02-2003, 06:16 PM
civicexstacy00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension.....

I was just curious as to what coil-over systems ppl here are using. Right now I'm riding on stock struts and coil-overs. I know it's kinda shotty for autoXing, but this was all done prior to me becoming serious about racing. I finally got the moola to do a susp. upgrade and I know that's the best place to start. Just looking for a little input.
Thanx....:dunno:
Old 09-02-2003, 08:31 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

I'm running custom rate Ground Controls 350f/400r on Koni Yellows. This really made a difference in the handling of my car, but it sucks to drive around Lancaster with these higher spring rates
Old 09-02-2003, 11:12 PM
DakarM

my friend is running GC with koni DAs 400/550 spring rates on his daily driven (50 miles each way) M coupe...

yeah he crazy but he is competing in the Nationals this year and very competitive.

GC seems to be cheapest custom set up you can buy.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:07 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Well also the M Coupe weighs a bit more than a Civic so it might come out to the same weight to spring ratio
Old 09-05-2003, 04:48 AM
LSVTECKING
rebuilding

Im currently running ground control with tokico 5 way's and have absolutely no complaints. I used to have just progress springs (which I love using on my everyday driver) and koni yellows and again I had no complaints.
Old 09-05-2003, 02:10 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ground controls and koni yellows. The shocks have made the biggest difference, the best mod on my car. I highly reccomend koni yellows. :thumbup:
Old 09-20-2003, 05:27 AM
jc836

Another opinion-based on use.
I have been on Koni shocks on all of my cars- so I'm biased as to them. Springs and sleeves are a matter of choice, but the 2 best setups are from Ground Control and Skunk2. GC machines their sleeves to fit the Koni 'yellow' shocks directly. Skunk sleeves need adaptor plates. The Civic (sold) had Skunk/Koni and was a charm to drive. The CRX is on Skunk2 with 400f/500r and is doing well in its first season on track. Both companies will provide spring rates (Eibach ERS, BTW) to match your needs. Call and have them give you what you really need for your specific car and driving style/activity.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:10 PM
drew935
Laguna Seca circuit

I'm running Cusco Zero 2 coilovers with pillar mounts, with 8kg in front and 6kg in rear for spring rates along with Cusco 6pt cage, ITR sways, Cusco F & R stbs, ZSpeed labs, Energy Suspension bushings