Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

WOO WOO!! v. work

Old 04-26-2012, 08:49 PM
jaymar88
HA.net Workout Krew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOO WOO!! v. work

Hay guys!!! So I joined my current company just short of a year ago and everything has been great. It's probably one of the best places to work in SD and my manager (who is based out of the Netherlands) is cooler than cool. I've been kicking ass and taking names since the moment I got in this joint trying to prove myself and own the job. Well an attorney left and they asked my boss if it was okay if they poached me to replace her. Boss said, if he wants to go I wont stop him.

I did a little more due diligence and decided against the internal promotion. I'm really happy in my functional area and have built some solid work relationships. So much so that in consideration of my staying in the dept, I asked my manager to evaluate my performance and discuss a title increase (I just got my annual merit increase last week so money was not anything I was concerned with).

My manager tells me that she already got approval (last month) to create a new job title and description for me to reflect my new duties managing our global commercial contracts process. The SVP and CEO and compensation committee approved creation of a new title/ role and a matching compensation package!!! Holy smokes!!!

Sorry for being long winded, but I totally wasn't expecting anything like this and am just really stoked about reaping the rewards of putting in the time/effort. I wouldn't have realized any of this had I taken the other promotion.

Feels good brah.
TeamBOB still reppin hard.:rockon:
Old 04-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Draconius
BAZINGA!

SWEET!!!! That is awesome that hard work pays off big time! Congrats homie!

(Need new blood for your previous position? Rumor has it there is someone you know who will be a certified paralegal in one week )
Old 04-26-2012, 09:11 PM
jaymar88
HA.net Workout Krew

Thanks Bri! There is a paralegal position open, but it's a little too senior for you right now. Needs heavy direct experience (minimum 5 years) with NDA, Beta and confidentiality agreements and heavy litigation support.

I've got my eyes open for you and have feelers around. When you graduate, shoot me over your updated resume and a cover letter. You might need to produce writing samples for a few employers but as long as you saved some of your school materials, you should be good.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:13 PM
dubcac
I

You're not BOB no more son
Old 04-26-2012, 09:22 PM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

Nice!!! It's amazing to get such recognition at work. It's even better when you know you worked your ass off. I'm planting seeds at work, myself. I'm looking for a good harvest. :bigok:
Old 04-26-2012, 09:36 PM
jaymar88
HA.net Workout Krew

Thanks Fellas. I'm still not making Rick or Rich moneys so teamBOB status is active. Work it out ali!! You got this bruh!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:42 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Congrats man! Good to see people moving up!
Old 04-27-2012, 06:22 AM
ShaolinLueb

Congrats Jay. hard work and loyalty is paying off for you.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:16 AM
JGordon

Congrats! Promotions are always nice. I got one about 6 months ago, but I feel like I could use another one...
Old 04-27-2012, 08:17 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

nice work !