Notices

99 and up rear suspention

Old 08-24-2003, 08:15 AM
tigerty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 and up rear suspention

is there something wrong or defective about the suspention on the 99 and up rl because all the ones i see on the street are sagging in the rear and mine i have 245-35-18 and it sags so much in the rear it looks like i lower it i took it to the dealer to complain they found the right spring and shock went bad (and this is a 99 rl) they replace it under warrenty now it is
doing the same thing again. when you are driving and hit a bump
the ass of the rl goes all the way down rubs my tires and comes back up thereis no stiffness in the rear. can anybody explain if they had this problem if yes how did you fix it? is there any aftermarket company that sell suspention for the 99 and up RL
to keep the rear up?
Old 08-27-2003, 05:08 AM
EKY

I seem to be having the same problem when I hit bumps. I was going to take it into my acura dealer next month when I have my servicing done. I've changed back to stock rims/tires temporarily and it still does it. Did your car make a loud slamming noise when it went over bumps? The noise I experience comes from the rear passenger side as well. I'll let you know when I take my car in.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:45 PM
tigerty

i brought the car april 30 2003 and bought rims in july and it started the drivers side rear was higher and was sticking out side the body and the passenger side was tucked under when i hit a bump it would hit and cut on the tire so i rolled the finder and it still hits but it only rubs a little not cut at the outside of the tire
you can really see the differents with the rims on i took it to the dealer in july with the factorys on it and they said that the passenger shock and spring was bad so they replaced it under acura used car warrenty got it back the rear was up the rubbing was gone and now here it is the end of august and the side that they replaced is back down and the other side is still up i don't know what the hell is going on i want to take up there with the rims on but my salesman said (don't bring it with the rims on they will try and void your warrenty) but when i had my 96 honda civic h/b they said that you can do what ever you want to do as long what ever happen was not the cause of your modification some body shine some light on this problem?????
Old 08-27-2003, 07:49 PM
tigerty

the suspention needs to be stiffer the rear bounces too fast even when the tunk is empty the ass still sags is the car too heavy for it's rear shocks do any body sell stiffer parts for the rear???
Old 08-30-2003, 11:51 AM
daddykay24

check computech they have parts for 99 to 01.
Old 09-01-2003, 08:54 PM
tigerty

i checked they only have stuff for lowering it