Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Stupidest Mod Ever!

Old 08-23-2003, 04:39 PM
detroitrice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupidest Mod Ever!

Wow, I must be either really stupid, really brilliant, or had a lot of free time. I just came up with a simple solution for shooting bubbles out of your exhaust....

Pictures are still to come... but I was playing with a small motor the other day, that had these spinning wands on it, and they reminded me of bubble wands, but without the little things in the middle of the wands to hold the soap in place. Well, I thought that I could come up with a cool mod for car by utilizing that motor.... here's what I came up with...

I took that motor, welded a fairly nice size cup onto the bottom ledge of it, which has a small enough gap, where the wands could spin in and out of it quite easily, but covered enough where the contents wouldn't get inside the exhaust when hitting a bump. The wands were then bent so that when wind was to blow against them, they would automatically move, since the bubbles had to come out of the car, without wiring in the motor, otherwise that would get too complicated, and it was a dumb idea, so I didn't want to go too far into implementing it.

I then cut and welded another piece over the top of the motor and sealed it within a nice length of piping and put my exhaust tip back on the end of the piping, to help disperse the bubbles.... not sure if this would work or not, I decided to check it out.

The result after a few tweeks, was that the angled wands would spin on the motor, dip into the cup, grab the bubble solution on the wand, powered by the air from the exhaust itself. It would spin extremely slow, which would allow for the bubbles to be forced out of the wands, and actually because of how slow it would spin at times, the bubbles would come out the full size of the holes in the tip, since the bubbles would travel down the piping, and hit the exhaust tip and be split into several smaller bubbles, but a lot of them would just pop altogether. The end result was that my car is now capable of blowing bubbles whenever the vehicle is running. While the vehicle is stopped, there are little to no bubbles and the faster the vehicle goes or the more exhaust air, the more bubbles come out.

Now, the problem I have is that first of all, this is not illegal to drive with as there are currently no laws against bubbles, however, you do get pulled over a lot. So, I'm thinking that the motor may need to be setup, so that the system can be turned on and off. I'm also thinking about trying to change the colors of the bubbles, so add an extra added effect.... Also if I setup the motor to a switch, then I could get the bubbles to come out the exhaust while the car is off, which would look sweet against the neons on my underbody....

Any ideas for any tweeks?? Any comments??? I like to do strange things to my car just for the hell of it... so I want to perfect this idea... as a lot of girls seem to like it, so I may start doing installs... the big question is what the long term effects may be to the exhaust with bubbles flowing through them. I haven't noticed any problems with the bubble solution travelling backwards up the exhaust... however, the biggest problem is refilling the bubble tray, as you have to have a squeeze bottle to get up into the area that the tray is in and be extremely carefully as to not get it into your exhaust piping.... another problem is that because it can't be completely welded 100% tight, because you have to be able ot get the bubbles in, the bubbles come out the hole by the tray as well, which looks fine, but it's something I'd like to resolve, so I'm thinking maybe that a sliding tray may be good that could be removed and refilled and then put back into place and locked in.

Let me know what you think???
Old 08-23-2003, 04:57 PM
smakdown

Default Re: Stupidest Mod Ever!

Originally posted by detroitrice
Wow, I must be either really stupid, really brilliant, or had a lot of free time. I just came up with a simple solution for shooting bubbles out of your exhaust....

Pictures are still to come... but I was playing with a small motor the other day, that had these spinning wands on it, and they reminded me of bubble wands, but without the little things in the middle of the wands to hold the soap in place. Well, I thought that I could come up with a cool mod for car by utilizing that motor.... here's what I came up with...

I took that motor, welded a fairly nice size cup onto the bottom ledge of it, which has a small enough gap, where the wands could spin in and out of it quite easily, but covered enough where the contents wouldn't get inside the exhaust when hitting a bump. The wands were then bent so that when wind was to blow against them, they would automatically move, since the bubbles had to come out of the car, without wiring in the motor, otherwise that would get too complicated, and it was a dumb idea, so I didn't want to go too far into implementing it.

I then cut and welded another piece over the top of the motor and sealed it within a nice length of piping and put my exhaust tip back on the end of the piping, to help disperse the bubbles.... not sure if this would work or not, I decided to check it out.

The result after a few tweeks, was that the angled wands would spin on the motor, dip into the cup, grab the bubble solution on the wand, powered by the air from the exhaust itself. It would spin extremely slow, which would allow for the bubbles to be forced out of the wands, and actually because of how slow it would spin at times, the bubbles would come out the full size of the holes in the tip, since the bubbles would travel down the piping, and hit the exhaust tip and be split into several smaller bubbles, but a lot of them would just pop altogether. The end result was that my car is now capable of blowing bubbles whenever the vehicle is running. While the vehicle is stopped, there are little to no bubbles and the faster the vehicle goes or the more exhaust air, the more bubbles come out.

Now, the problem I have is that first of all, this is not illegal to drive with as there are currently no laws against bubbles, however, you do get pulled over a lot. So, I'm thinking that the motor may need to be setup, so that the system can be turned on and off. I'm also thinking about trying to change the colors of the bubbles, so add an extra added effect.... Also if I setup the motor to a switch, then I could get the bubbles to come out the exhaust while the car is off, which would look sweet against the neons on my underbody....

Any ideas for any tweeks?? Any comments??? I like to do strange things to my car just for the hell of it... so I want to perfect this idea... as a lot of girls seem to like it, so I may start doing installs... the big question is what the long term effects may be to the exhaust with bubbles flowing through them. I haven't noticed any problems with the bubble solution travelling backwards up the exhaust... however, the biggest problem is refilling the bubble tray, as you have to have a squeeze bottle to get up into the area that the tray is in and be extremely carefully as to not get it into your exhaust piping.... another problem is that because it can't be completely welded 100% tight, because you have to be able ot get the bubbles in, the bubbles come out the hole by the tray as well, which looks fine, but it's something I'd like to resolve, so I'm thinking maybe that a sliding tray may be good that could be removed and refilled and then put back into place and locked in.

that actually sounds like something really rare and interesting.....can we see some pics of the bubble maker thing and maybe a movie of it actually making bubbles out of the exhaust?
Old 08-23-2003, 05:03 PM
detroitrice

I do actually have a short videa of it working however, I can't seem to upload it, because I'm running on AOL right now.... so everytime I try to upload it, it times out... it's actually pretty funny to see.

As for pics, they are getting developed as I type this, so I'm hoping they will be ready by Monday for me to put up on the site.

I'm thinking that I'm now going to work on a fogging system utilizing the same idea of an air system in fish tanks... I'm going to take a regular fog machine, splice the main tube and rub smaller ones, but not much smaller under the car and into the grooves I made for my underbody kit rods.... I am then going to cut medium sized holes along the stretch of tubing where the rod lights up, so that the fog comes out and is illuminated by the neon tube, so it looks colored when it comes out.... I just have to figure out how to mount the fog machine inside of the car so that it won't spill out or create moisture on the inside of the vehicle... any ideas on that may be pretty helpful too....
Old 08-23-2003, 05:34 PM
A_D
Reset?

sorry. too much to read about bubbles
Old 08-23-2003, 05:58 PM
jschmid

Default Re: Stupidest Mod Ever!

I like to do strange things to my car just for the hell of it
That pretty much sums it up.

Holding back, holding back...
Old 08-23-2003, 06:04 PM
Technodigifreak
Hot-Modder

a little odd, but you gett mad points for originality!

you should go into business making clown cars

:thumbup:
Old 08-23-2003, 06:19 PM
95AccordEXR

hahaha cool... maybe next you can make the exhaust gas smell like farts LOL
Old 08-23-2003, 07:01 PM
b12uceHuy
Jizz Maste12

hey do a mod that would shoot flames out of your exhast just like fast and furious hahaha

Much better than girly bubbles:blue:
Old 08-23-2003, 07:06 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

:rofl:!!!!. :thumbup:
Old 08-24-2003, 12:12 AM
detroitrice

They already make those kits that you can buy, from Autoloc, I sell those all of the time... They shoot out a flame that 's just rediculous....

I do have a standard showcar too, but this is my car that I mess around with. However, it's actually pretty cool in it's own right. But my main car, my 2003 Toyota Celica GT-S, I have no neons on it, I don't have any stupid interior, it's plush everything... but that's my baby, it's only driven about once a week, maybe twice... but I don't do stupid shit to it.