Notices

Fuel or electrical?

Old 03-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Jinx2005Riceboy
Under Construction,always

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel or electrical?

Alright here's the deal. Got a 1993 Del Sol Si. I would be driving the car and it would ,BLURP, for lack of a better description. The tach would go nuts right before this. The car will shut off completely driving at whatever speed. Replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, dizzy, and plugs. Only happens intermittently. Started right up and drove it for 5 miles today with no problem, but then it did the BLURP thing (didn't turn off though). I'm wondering if its the ignition coil or a fuel relay? Going to run the codes tomorrow. Runs fine for a few days, then just horrible after. Suggestions?
Old 03-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Civic2Scooby

sounds more like an electrical issue than a fuel delivery issue especially with the car shutting off.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:17 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Maybe bad gas? Where do you live? Have you put any fuel stabilizer or fuel cleaner? Was the car sitting for long periods of time? Could have gum/tar build up in the gas tank which got sucked into the fuel system.

Does it only happen when driving? How about idle?
Old 03-18-2012, 03:22 PM
mattc28

Sounds like the ignition switch in the steering column to me.. my car did the same thing.