Notices

96 civic please help trouble shooting the no start

Old 03-09-2012, 05:10 AM
MMA fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 civic please help trouble shooting the no start

Hey guys, well went to start my car lights on, fuel pump works, turn key nothing no clicks or any sounds at all. Push started just fine, turned on lights heater and wipers drove around so alt seems fine no loss in power. I have/had cruise control i believe is the bottom sensor.So i grabbed the other clip and pulled it off and paper clipped it, then eventually cut and twisted together the two wires at the top of the clutch ( starter interupt? ). I thought for sure this was it, and nothing. The starter was an autozone one I changed about three years ago. Could it or the solinoid be bad? Can I test it without pulling it? Any help much appreciated as i will be taking busses and cabs to work untill i fix this...:nervous:
Old 03-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Civic2Scooby

could very well be a toasted starter. It's super easy to pull the starter on your car. I would start there if you aren't even getting a click from the solenoid.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:19 PM
MMA fan

Ive done it before but its not easy for me, i am big and it kills my hands. Cant i test it without pulling it?
Old 03-10-2012, 11:01 AM
MMA fan

bump and this is the clutch clip, not the cruise control right? it was the top one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
clipped.jpg (172.8 KB, 2 views)