Notices

body kit opinion / headlight question

Old 08-17-2003, 08:47 PM
ka0tikkris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default body kit opinion / headlight question

sup guys.
here's my scenario, i have a 2k1 accord ex 4dr with a xenon urethane kit on it.. problem is, 2 days ago some idiot hit my front bumper while parked, loosened my kit and on my way up to a party, the front kit falls off and i run over it. =(

I still have the rest of the kit on my car, but i was wonderin if i should get another front kit to mix and match... i honestly dont like the xenon kit, but it came with my car when i bought it, and since its urethane, i knew it wasn't cheap. should i pay the $250 bucks to get the front part of the xenon kit, or do you guys have an idea of what front kit would make my car look better?

Also, i have these headlights: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2427763605

I put some 55 watt xenon bulbs into these and they burn out so quickly! im a total newb with this stuff so i was wondering if i really MUST buy HID's, or can someone recommend some bulbs that will last that are xenon so i can save some moolah =)

thanks for any input
Old 08-17-2003, 11:35 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah same chit happen to me so now i have to start over getting new bumper and hood and headlight, my healdlights are same as urs just for 96 accord not much diff from what i see, i have HID 100wat xenon looks goooood the 55 u have are way too low i suggest 100 hid, going back to my stock headlight since after i put on the 1 piece everything just went down on me i think is bad luck for me, got hit 3 times all 3 did damage, first one the headlights broke so water got inside the headlight and burn the buld 2,second bumper broke made a hole on it fix it got a new one still with same headlight i just didnt wash my car so the bulb wouldnt burn lol and now 3rd all of the above are gone including hood heh
Old 08-18-2003, 06:40 AM
ka0tikkris

Isn't 100 watt going to burn my housing/wires?
I thought that because it is 55 instead of 35 like HID's was the reason it went out so quick?
Old 08-18-2003, 09:57 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nope not that i know of it or anyone that i know hasnt happen yet.
Old 08-18-2003, 03:33 PM
jschmid

Aftermarket bulbs generally aren't great quality, they burn out quick.

About the kit, since you are looking at other options, you could get a Wings West Wtype front lip. Here's a pic of a car with the xenon sides and rear, and WW W type front lip, he is planning on (or has already) painted the front lip to match, it'll at least give you an idea if you like it:

The lighting on that pic kinda sucks, sorry it doesn't show much, but here's a good shot of the lip on my buddy's car:

I like the WW front lip, I have the whole kit. A bit more subtle than the Xenon, whatever your tastes, this at least gives you another option.
Old 08-18-2003, 07:14 PM
ka0tikkris

thanks alot guys.. really appreciate it.. if you have anymore suggestions on the xenon prob i got, anything's better than nothing
thanks again