Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Slow sunroof

Old 08-09-2003, 11:04 AM
konali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow sunroof

The sunroof on my 95 Teg is slow, or stops, when closing. It opens pretty well, not as fast as when I bought it a few years back. I thought it was the motor, but I replaced that with a used one and it still has the same issues. Both motors seem strong when they're disconnected from the roof.

Thanks.
Old 08-09-2003, 11:17 AM
jfiedler
Junior Member w/Fries

Default Re: Slow sunroof

Originally posted by konali
The sunroof on my 95 Teg is slow, or stops, when closing. It opens pretty well, not as fast as when I bought it a few years back. I thought it was the motor, but I replaced that with a used one and it still has the same issues. Both motors seem strong when they're disconnected from the roof.

Thanks.
stop sticking your head out the sunroof while closing it :slap:

hmm...check for rusty drive cables from the motor to sunroof, also try lubing the sliders on the left and right of the snuroof.
Old 10-10-2003, 01:48 PM
SOHKeg

Get some white lithium grease from a local automotive shop and spray it in the tracks and on the sliders. Fixed my sunroof from stopping when opening and closing. It moves alot faster now too...:thumbup: