Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Car Wash, order, tips, etc...

Old 08-07-2003, 12:28 PM
pirate252

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Wash, order, tips, etc...

Heres the plan, i want to totally detail the exterior of my car, and the main part being the paint. The following is my plan, tell me what you think.

Wash with Meguiars gold series wash
Finish first polish prep stuff, to remove wax, and other stuff
Clay bar the car
Meguiars ScratchX to remove swirls and scratches
Meguiars deep crystal polish (or finish first polish)
Meguiars gold wax

Is this a good plan, also anyone hear anything good or bad about finish firsts stuff, they seem to be a good company, but i havnt heard of them, and i dont know if there stuff is better than Meguiars, i really liked how you can layer finish firsts polish and the more layers you do, the shinier it gets

Old 08-07-2003, 02:57 PM
dreamspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm not sure about the actual order or what not but I have tried many products including meguairs, mothers, etc and i've found that the best car wax is zymol. This stuff has like some kind of oil in it so that when you wash your car and don't wax it it still helps keep your paint nice. Also i've used a bunch of different waxes before an i've come to the conclusion that turtle wax extreme 2000 (i think thats the name, it comes in a dark green bottle) is the best.