Notices

Best All Season Tire for Snow

Old 07-26-2003, 12:50 PM
LoVeAllah2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best All Season Tire for Snow

What is the best all season tire on snow? I do not want to go w/ a pure snow tire...but what are some really good all season tires for snow as well as other weather conditions. I am more concerned w/ snow traction and comfort versus performance...I have summer tires that deal w/ handling and performance.
Old 07-26-2003, 01:02 PM
dantastic
cx power!

if u have separate summer tires, why not run a snow specific tire? blizzaks are supposed to be reaaly great. getting prepared in advanced??
Old 07-26-2003, 01:10 PM
LoVeAllah2

Originally posted by dantastic
if u have separate summer tires, why not run a snow specific tire? blizzaks are supposed to be reaaly great. getting prepared in advanced??
I'm going away for school this yr...and I don't want to have my rims on at all while I'm there. That means I can't put my rims and summer tires on until mid May. Winter tires, therefore, would be a bad choice becuase the temperature gets too hot by mid May for snow tires. The reason I'm asking about it now is because I leave for college in late August, and like I said I don't want my rims on @ school...Ill get some good all season tires and put them on my stock wheels... so I have to make a choice soon as far as good all season tires.
Old 07-26-2003, 03:11 PM
smakdown

continental contiextreme contacts from tirerack are a good choice. Im getting those for my 17s and they are only $89. So for stock rims they will be even less :thumbup:
Old 07-27-2003, 08:57 AM
James3370
aka Heywoodjablowme

i have goodyear aquatreads on my factory wheels that i run in the winter. the work good in snow & fuking EXCELLENT when the shit starts to melt & turns into slush :thumbup:

i gave around 70 each for them

thay have an 80000 mile warranty & a treadwear rating of like 600
Old 07-27-2003, 09:29 AM
95AccordEXR

there is no such thing as a good all season tire for snow.

last thing you need to cheap out on is tires. get real snow tires.
Old 07-27-2003, 09:57 AM
Kingseth2

Originally posted by smakdown
continental contiextreme contacts from tirerack are a good choice. Im getting those for my 17s and they are only $89. So for stock rims they will be even less :thumbup:
I just purchased these tires in 16" form and mounted them on my 98 lx. As the reviews and ratings on tirerack.com will tell you, these tires are wonderful. I am excited to checkout their winter tracktion as well.

P.S. Like I have mentioned before, I also go to school in Ithaca, NY. You will be better off with quality all-season tires.
Old 07-28-2003, 03:23 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

Originally posted by 95AccordEXR

:werd:

if you must get an all-season tire to use in wintry conditions get dunlop SP A2s.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:08 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nokian NRW - but they're not real easy to find. I think they're the only 4-season tires to earn the same snow rating as real-live snow tires.

All the Saab guys say thery're awesome. I'm gonna get some next time I buy snows.

Just getting the '4-season' rating only means that they're made from a rubber compound that has a glass-transition temperature that's low. It doesn't mean anything about the tread pattern or traction.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:35 AM
Shifty_Rick

Originally posted by 95AccordEXR

I respectfully disagree. I haven't run dedicated snow tires on anything I've owned for about 25 years now...ever since they came out with a decent all weather radial. And I haven't even owned a front drive car till this Accord. My 89 Toyota 2WD pickup served me well for 14 years, and I never ran anything but Big O Legacy all season tires. I typically got 5 years per set. And that includes some winter mountain driving here in Colorado.