Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2004 Acura TL *undisguised*

Old 07-25-2003, 08:38 PM
ziggyziggy
i am asian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yo i think it looks dope. imma go get one when it comes out. anyone know of the pricing? :thumbup:
Old 07-25-2003, 08:53 PM
zishan

If this car does have awd and a 6 speed...It will be a tough decision between this and the g35 when I go car shoppin early next year. while I still prefer the looks of the g35s exterior...the interior is definately nicer in the tl. However the awd, 6 speed and comparible power to the g35 are all musts.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:00 PM
boilers

I kinda like it. I like how they differentiate it more from the TSX. Interior looks nice as always Can't wait to see the engine specs
There're some things that bug me about this car though, like the acura writings on the front bumper and the exhaust tips make the car looks like a pontiac. This is sad
Old 07-25-2003, 09:28 PM
04 Acura TSX
DOHC iVTEC Power!

Originally posted by boilers
There're some things that bug me about this car though, like the acura writings on the front bumper and the exhaust tips make the car looks like a pontiac. This is sad
The exhaust tips may look like a Pontiac, but now idiots can't modify their exhausts like what they did with the old ones. I like these exhaust tips.:thumbup:
Old 07-25-2003, 11:28 PM
velfarretokyo

I wish the new TL had the "projector" style lens like the TSX. Doesn't appear that it does. Anyways, I think that the car looks both sporty and luxurious, more so than many other cars on the market. From the side profile, it looks like a grown-up 3-series. Also the interior is also really well done.

The specs should be pretty close to what people have been saying. 270+hp, 6sp manual, and AWD (which may come a year later). Pricing should move upwards a bit to set it apart from the TSX, but I'd say 32k-34k is probably right.

I also think its kind of tacky that they printed "ACURA" on the front, but its going to be covered by a license plate anyways.
Old 07-25-2003, 11:45 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

i dont like it... the exterior looks like a Caddy and a Jag cross. Way too domestic plastic looking exterior. The Acura imprint in front looks domestic, and the steering wheel is nasty.

:eh: honda did a bettery job styling wise with the TSX.
Old 07-26-2003, 02:07 AM
mayonaise

the rear wheel well looks friggin tiny. like the rim is a 15 inch or something. its the proportions of the back end of the car that make it look like that. i think thats the worst part of the car.

otherwise, the stance is good, i like the sheet metal on the sides/door panels, and the flared wheel wells. the mirrors looks weird. too large and bulky, and the base of the mirrors are oddly shaped. the straight line running from the front sidemarker to the rear sidemarker is okay... it adds some distinction and a little detail to the body panels. i think it works the addition of that line and the way the "side skirts" are designed i think make the car look lower than it actually is, and makes the rear look smaller than it really is.

the rear end looks nice, but i think it looks a little like a cadillac.

and yes, steering wheel looks fat as hell
Old 07-26-2003, 07:17 AM
rb6teg

Looks amazing, IMO. I can't decide whether or not I liked the Acura embossed on the front. I've got it on my integra, and I dont think it looks that bad on it. I like the new grill, it looks way better with the middle bar thickened up, it gives it more character.
I don't know, the whole damn thing looks amazing......the interior, the exterior, the character line running down the side. Now all I want are the specs........
Old 07-26-2003, 07:21 AM
Dorikin
530i

Originally posted by Samson
i dont like it... the exterior looks like a Caddy and a Jag cross. Way too domestic plastic looking exterior. The Acura imprint in front looks domestic, and the steering wheel is nasty.

:eh: honda did a bettery job styling wise with the TSX.

Thank god, im NOT the only one
Old 07-26-2003, 08:11 AM
AcuraFanatic

Not bad. The tach says the engine redlines at 7000RPM, yet there's no Type S badges. The last gen. TL-P's had a redline significantly lower than that.

Must have been some engine changes.