Notices

holes in trunk

Old 07-23-2003, 09:13 AM
AciDKinG95LS
SOLD THE ALLUM. WING!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default holes in trunk

ok, as you all know when your a n00b and you first get an import most poeple buy the lame stuff. (spoiler, altezzas, 17's) Well, before i came to this site i loved, my now obviously rediculous, aluminum wing. (Not to mention it is crooked) Everyday the hate for it grows and grows. And, just yesterday it started making this awful screetching sound. It HAS to go. Im just worried about the holes in the trunk. Anyone know a good/cheap way to patch them up? Maybe a temporary fix before i can get it done professionally? What kind of place does that kind of work? Thanks in advance for all your help
Old 07-23-2003, 02:13 PM
bubbadabulldawg

A cheap fix would be to get some of those plastic panel push pins that hold the carpet down, like what's on the back of the back seats that hold the rear carpet to the seatbacks. Go to an autobody supply shop and see what what would fit in the holes and you can paint them to try to blend them in so they won't be too noticeable. Hope that helps.
Old 07-23-2003, 04:46 PM
MikeR

you can take silicone and fill in the holes smooth and you can even find colored silicone maybe even to match the paint, if you spread it in the holes then let it set up for a minute or so and go back over it with a wet cloth it will smooth up nicely and also wipe off any excess, or you could just cover it in vinyl both temp fixeds of course, either one wouldn't look to bad especialy if you replace the wing with a stock one, it will disguise it a little better
Old 07-23-2003, 06:29 PM
Amirked

just buy a can of bondo for like 4 bucks and bondo it
- just use small amounts at a time and let it dry and wipe up any excess . .maybe bondo from the bottom up . .thats sort of a permanent fix though- i dont think it comes off easy=) then just paint it .. maybe touch up paint and primer on the top and spray primer and paint on the inside ..
Old 07-23-2003, 06:49 PM
JGordon

You might also consider trying to find a stock spoiler and mounting it in the same holes. :dunno: You can often find them in the 4sale forum.
Old 07-24-2003, 02:11 AM
AciDKinG95LS
SOLD THE ALLUM. WING!!!!

thanks for all the ideas, does it take long for silicone to dry? Im thinking it might be hard to get it to stay in the holes, as they are bigger then normal. The reason they are bigger is my friend who, "can do it perfect" messed up and had to make the holes bigger. I was thinking of a stock spoiler, but in time, as i just lost my job, and i am now in danger of losing car/home. i was also thinking of selling the spoiler to some other noob who can like it for a while.
Old 07-24-2003, 04:24 AM
Kha
eliteness hit me

on my way to work i saw a corolla with a huge wing.

go figure.
Old 07-24-2003, 04:51 AM
AciDKinG95LS
SOLD THE ALLUM. WING!!!!

even more funny then that, i was cruising town yesterday and what did i see? I freakin geo metro (not the hatchback, it was a coupe) with an alluminum wing with a 1 foot lift. It also had an exhaust. He came beside me piping like he wanted to race. It wasn't even funny, it just pissed me off.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:37 AM
teg_fan
I like integra's

Just get some duct tape and cover it up till u get it fixed.
Old 07-25-2003, 02:14 AM
AciDKinG95LS
SOLD THE ALLUM. WING!!!!

well, i got rid of the spoiler, and when i removed it i almost had a heart attack. Looks like someone did a real shitty job, cause there is 7 holes instead of 4. I filled them nice with silicone, and i got some matching paint to put over the holes today. Even though my trunks bent, and theres some rust, and 7 holes, it still ooks better without it. I will post pics when the sun comes up in an hours or so.