Notices

99 Gsr Need Help Plz!!

Old 07-18-2003, 03:12 PM
irish 'teg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Gsr Need Help Plz!!

hey i just recently recieved a 99 black gsr, and they guy that had it before me blew the engine (he just slapped a turbo on without changing fuel rail, pistons, rings , etc.) so i started to part it out and ive gotten rid of the turbo, exhaust manifold, wastegate, BOV, and exhaust. but now i have changed my mind bak to keeping it and i am looking for a LS block, does ne body know where i could get one that would have all the necessities for a turbo application( I.E., pistons, rings, sleeves,)? and i also need to know if the GSR head is still good, thanks for any help u can give me

P.S. i live in the dallas- fort worth area in texas thanks
Old 07-18-2003, 05:18 PM
txhatch
I hate 2003 Noobs.

I'd go talk to tony at jotech. When i was there a while back they had some nice LS blocks. Also visit the FI forum over at HT a lot of the guys there are from DFW.
Old 07-19-2003, 10:11 AM
irish 'teg

yea ive thought about goin to jotech but they have screwed my friend over so many times, he ordered a cold air intake awhile ago and hasnt heard from them at all, but thanks for the help i will prolly go there this weekend.

p.s. where would be the best place to get new front a rear windshields??
Old 07-19-2003, 10:31 AM
FURIOUSGSR01
FURIOUSRSX04

how much u get the car for? how many miles?
Old 07-19-2003, 10:40 AM
irish 'teg

haha well ur gonna hate me but i got it for FREE! it has like 63,000 miles. yea it sounds like a load of BS, but its not this guy that used to live at my apts just sorta left witout payin rent or ne of his stuff, so it just sorta fell into my hands, but AFTER he blew his engine his GF found out that he cheated on her and decided to break the front and back windows and put a few dents and scratches on the rear quarter panel and trunk, and she decided to take the rims( grrrr they were enkies, not like racing kind more liek a showy chromy piece, but i coulda sold em, ) so now im sittin wit a car that needs a engine block rims and windows
Old 07-19-2003, 01:07 PM
irish 'teg

would any body know the pricing of one??

p.s. an engine block that is