Notices

clutch questions . . .

Old 07-17-2003, 11:04 PM
jason bouchard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch questions . . .

hey there its your old buddy jay bouchard again . .so my clutch is bad , im going to be just replacing the clutch not the PP or anything else . . . i have a XTSS ACT clutch .. . . im wonder is it ok to mix and match manufactors of clutches and throwout bearings and piolit bearings along with a diff pressure plate

im thinking about a dif clutch manufacter , like clutch net with there EXTRA STRONG spring retainers . . . thats what i keep blowing on my clutches is the spring retainers , and then a spring pops out and i cant get out of gear anyway any help would be great thanks

edit BTW i have a friend selling a stage 3 CLUTCHNET with a twin disc design , i dotn know much abotu it , but he said 300 cash and i was like i'll think about it . . . i really need help please i have to eitheer buy my friends clutch ( will everything included) or buy a clutch from someone and have my car done by the 25th of july ( have to drive 4 plus hours for fam , and done have a diff car to drive there in)

thanks again
JAY
Old 07-18-2003, 04:51 PM
jason bouchard

EDIT :: the clutch that my friend is selling is the
Vendor CENTERFORCE (C78)
Part # DF900800

Description DUAL FRCTN SET - SEE APPL

Notes FOR A COMPLETE SET ORDER ONE (1) OF EACH PART NUMBER LISTED. FIRST NUMBER IS CLUTCH & PRESSURE PLATE ASSEMBLY, SECOND NUMBER IS THROW OUT BEARING.

Tech DOES NOT HAVE CENTERFORCE WEIGHTS DUE TO BELLHOUSING CLEARANCE.

Retail $467.68 (300 from my friend)
Availability IN STOCK
Old 07-18-2003, 11:07 PM
jason bouchard

someone post some info dammit