Notices

Dying rear swaybar bushings on GSR

Old 07-17-2003, 07:30 PM
ChrisGSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dying rear swaybar bushings on GSR

OK, I'm slowly going through and replacing all of the rubber bushings under the Teg with urethane from an Energy Suspension master kit. Started with the front -- incredible, I wish I'd done it sooner -- and now am planning the back.

Put the car on the ramps and inspected. Trailing arms need it visibly. But so do the swaybar bushings, which are cracking obviously. Another 5K of use and they will be toast.

Great, I'll ask to have some thrown in with the order for the trailing arm bushings (which are *not* in the master kit!). Wait a minute! They tell me ES doesn't *make* urethane bushings for the GSR rear bar!

Neither does Prothane, it seems. Grrrrrrrr.

Any options here? (Well, there are two obvious ones -- use OEM rubber bushings, or change the bar.)

-
Old 07-18-2003, 12:16 PM
icedog75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel your pain. I'm wrapping up a similar job on my son's 94. Energy makes the bar to body bushings but not the other. I have some spare end link bushings from the front and was going to see if they could be modified to fit-if not I guess we'll just buy the stock ones. Seems a shame though.