Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

stock GSR vs the world... who'd win??

Old 07-11-2003, 01:13 PM
AndreE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock GSR vs the world... who'd win??

my buddys got a 98' stock auto trans. Maxima, i have a 95 stock 5spd GSR(only had it 2weeks, haven't started upgrades- NEED $$).... i haven't raced him yet, but its been in the back of my mind to do so... who do u think would win?
Another friend has a 93 Probe GT (v6) in stick shift, shes got some animosity towards imports so i think i should race her too. i'm all about racing i think... do u guys think i can beat her as well?? i'm a competent driver, and ive become quite comfortable launching my little white rocket, but how do GSRs (on average) compare to the speed (quickness) of other cars with larger engines? cuz i think i can beat everyone

so although i want to race alot, i'm not abusive to my baby, i rarely kick it into vtec. i don't race around town revvin to the redline at every stop light. in fact i like to keep a low profile sleeper attitude and look. i'm just excited i have a fast car now

besides clickin thru gears at 7,5k or so burns alot of gas it seems... is that normal??
Old 07-11-2003, 01:52 PM
Daniel

I get about 30 mpg, sometimes less when I take up up the power band a lot.... I'm not sure on the competition though..
Old 07-11-2003, 03:23 PM
Kaiz

5spd Maxima SE would take a GSR no question (0-60 in under 7sec). I'm not sure how good Nissan's auto trannies are...
Old 07-11-2003, 05:05 PM
DeadLock23

I've taken auot maximas all day long in my LS with boltons.

you should have him.

then again, the only way to find out is TRY.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:36 PM
BonzoAPD

Originally posted by Kaiz
5spd Maxima SE would take a GSR no question (0-60 in under 7sec). I'm not sure how good Nissan's auto trannies are...
depends on the year. In 1998, they only had 190hp. They were slower than Integra's
Old 07-11-2003, 08:45 PM
teg_fan
I like integra's

I dunno how fast maxima's are, but I think you would take the probe no prob.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:38 PM
ChizzleC

Don't underestimate those probes, they may be piles of shit, but they are kinda quick.
Old 07-11-2003, 10:12 PM
Chemicalviper
Vroom Vroom KABOOM!

I remeber reading a comparison of probe gt's vs integra gsr's on car adn driver or something like that. Goto google.com - images - then type in probe and gsr - guaranteed the site will pop up. Its images of the article but its an article non the less. Showing GT was faster but gsr wins overall something like that. Just know this .... fords deteriorate much faster than hondas - i know for a fact - 2 fords and 2 honda/acuras under my belt. Mechanically fords are hard to keep in constant good condition. My gsr - stock with intake at the time beat Probe GT and GTZ wutever the hell that model is.
Old 07-12-2003, 08:18 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Maxima auto...you will beat him. Those things are not all that fast...unless you get the 5spd...then it would be close.

As for the Probe it has the same HP as the GSR but more TQ. It should take you off the line but once in third you should pull and get in front of her. But like Chemicalviper said...Fords suck...and chances are it is in bad shape anyway and would only hurt her in a race.

Where in CT are you?
Old 07-12-2003, 08:19 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally posted by DeadLock23
I've taken auot maximas all day long in my LS with boltons.

you should have him.

then again, the only way to find out is TRY.
Boris...you coming to the meet in CT on the 26th.