Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Drag III Kit Civic install questions

Old 07-11-2003, 08:32 AM
luti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag III Kit Civic install questions

My Drag III kit came in yesterday and I was hoping to do the install this weekend, but I don't know if that will be happening now. The kit didn't come with instructions (about to call the shop to see if it got misplaced), it shouldn't be a big deal, nothing seems to complex, the only problem is I think I might be missing some parts since I don't have any paperwork.

First, oil. I'm not sure how the return attaches to the turbo itself. I've got the flange and metal tube setup that goes into the pan, but what part connects it to the turbo?!?! Same goes for the feed, I know how it connects to the oil pressure sending unit, but which parts attach it to the turbo again!?! (Pics would be appreciated)

Also, since I have no manual, I'm confused with the vaccum lines. It came with a pre-cut assembled setup of hose that has 4 ends, 2 of which have clear plastic nipple type objects at the end, one end has an elbo type fitting and the other is just raw hose. I know this is part of the hose that goes on the intake manifold and the MAP sensor, but which way does it attach and what goes to the clear nipple objects?

Next, none of the the intake piping seems to have a location for my Intake Air Temperature sensor, is there a way to run without it, or do I have to drill a hole in one of the pipes for it? If so, which pipe should I put it in, one by the filter before the turbo, or after the intercooler closer to the intake manifold?

The FMU is my next concern. I understand that the small brass nipple on the top is a vaccum line (it's boost sensitive I know), but the two nipples on the bottom aren't marked, how do I know which is in and which is out when I splice it into my system?

Next, does the Drag kit just vent to the atmosphere from the wastegate? It has a small pipe coming from it, but no way to tie the exhaust back into the system...?

The kit also comes with an aftermarket fuel pump. Where physically should I install this, in the engine bay, under the car, basically, close to the tank or not?

Last, and probably least importantly, should I buy some high temp paint or clear coat and cover the exhaust manifold and the iron side of the turbo?

Thanks for any info you can provide, and thanks for even making it through that entire post
Old 07-13-2003, 11:25 PM
sol_1320

I hope this helps u in time

http://www.cse.uconn.edu/~yelevich/turbo/turbo.html
Old 07-14-2003, 09:22 AM
firebane

Thats pretty slick for $1000 have a nice little turbo.
Old 07-16-2003, 05:18 PM
luti

Originally posted by sol_1320
I hope this helps u in time

http://www.cse.uconn.edu/~yelevich/turbo/turbo.html
Great link!! Thanks much, I think I've got pretty much anything answered now... I hope. See how it goes this weekend.
Old 07-16-2003, 05:30 PM
luti

Ok, so I know its only been 10 minutes since my last post but I came up with another question, 2 actually. First, my Deltagate has 2 ports on it, one marked boost and one marked vacuum. Obviously I must run a hose from my intake manifold to it, but to which port do I connect it, how do I know which port to connect it to?

Second question is about my inline fuel pump, where do you guys recommend I install it?
Old 07-17-2003, 02:49 PM
luti

Originally posted by luti
My Deltagate has 2 ports on it, one marked boost and one marked vacuum. Obviously I must run a hose from my intake manifold to it, but to which port do I connect it to?
Anyone?
Old 08-07-2003, 11:49 AM
-=ELF=-

http://www.importparts.com/importpar...serTemplate/18

vacuum hole connect to vacuum line on intake port.
boost hole you can not use, but if you want use boost hole, connect it to hole at turbine.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:29 PM
b16sleeper

Damn, now I want to make my own turbo.