Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

Ques about Roll cagez ~

Old 07-10-2003, 05:36 PM
Gusto222
Man WHORE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ques about Roll cagez ~

If u have a weld-in -- how did u go about painting it once it was welded into your car?
Did u Clear coat After u painted it?
Did u have to Mask off tha WHole Interior To paint tha cage?

Do u run full interior - or - No interior?

~~~~~~~
i asked this on another honda board(superHonda.com) & i only go once decent response all tha rest were from dumb kids.. sayin stupid things!
~~~~~~~~~

Please dont let me down..
Old 07-11-2003, 03:17 AM
jc836

Drop me an e-mail and I'll send you a couple of snaps of our CRX race car cage install. We are set up for both Improved Touring and Honda Challenge and the car is gutted. How to paint cage-my fabricator, after welding, used Rustoleum in a spray can-looks good and is easily touched up as needed. Just mask off everything you do not want painted this way. Use some pieces of cardboard as shields too. Our cage is a KIRK and custom welded in.
If you want to have the interior in the car-that can be done, but the preparation is a real pain-you will need fire blankets to protect from the welding. Another thing-when buying the cage specify whether the car will be gutted or not and What class you plan to run-roadrace or autocross or drag for that matter.
Old 07-11-2003, 07:52 AM
Gusto222
Man WHORE

i plan on running a full interior for Drag -- i think u only need a cage if yoru runnin like low 12z.... but id rather have one nomatter what im running...just for safty reasons